Chapter 7

The dust on the field cleared to reveal...

Both pokemon had fainted. 

"Both pokemon are unable to battle! The match is a draw!"

Ash simply smiled. "Great job! Return, Gengar!" A red light eveloped Gengar as he returned to his pokeball.

"That was an excellent battle, wasn't it, Gardevoir?" Diantha returned Gardevoir to its pokeball. 

"Ladies and gents, give it up for an absoloutley incredible battle!" The announcer was screaming now out of excitment. The audience roared. This randomly selected student just tied with the Kalos chammpion?!? The literall best trainer in Kalos?!?!? How good were the trainers at this school?!?!?!?!!!!

Ash and Diantha met in the middle of the field. "Let's do this again sometime!" Ash said.

Diantha smiled once more. "Definetly! That was the best battle I've had in a while! You kept me on my toes the whole way through!"

They shook hands and Ash ran back towards his seat. This time though, multiple random people said things like "Hey, Ash!" or, "Nice battle, Ash!" while giving him grins and smiles. One guy even gave him a fist bumb.

Ash wasn't sure why. Each time he simply replyed with a "Hi," or a "Thanks," while rubbing the back of his head. He chose to ignore it and instead think about the awsome battle he just had while he took his seat to finish watching the assembly.

Diantha walked back to the platform from where they were giving the assembly. "What an incredible battle!" She paused for a moment to let the audience roar. "Now, I'd like to discuss some policies and expectations for our school..." 

Diantha went on to explain the basics; no bullyling, no swearing, do your homework on time, as well as guidlines for the dorms such as clean up after yourself, be responsible, and down' burn anything down. Professor Sycamore helped at times, but overall the audience just talked amongst themselves; battlers about Ash's battle and performers/coordinators about Miette's performance. 

"...I hope this clarified some things about the school!" DIantha concluded, looking almost eshausted. "Now feel free to head to your dorms to unpack, meet your roomates, and get your class schedules, as well as meet some of your fellow students!"

After one final round of applause (it may be noted that the applause for Miette performance and especially for Ash's battle was much louder), the students started filling out of the stadium, including one Ash Ketchum "Come on, Pikachu, let's go to our dorm room!" He lept up  excitedly.

"Pika!"

"Race you there!" Ash and pikachu set off to the dorm.

_________........________

Before Diantha's speech began and as the referee declared the battle a draw, Serena looked to Paul with a smirk. "If Ash is such a pathetic trainer, how did hw just tie with a champion?"

Paul replied without even looking at Serena. "Diantha lost because she grew too cocky. Because she's a champion and wins most of her battles, she overestimated the power of her own pokemon's moves. She would have won if she used reflect instead of shadowball at the end of the battle. There's a reason she's one of the weakest champions."

With that, Paul stormed off, not bothering to hear the rest of Diantha's speech and leaving Serena in an stunned silence. What is up with that guy?

_________........________

Ash entered his dorm. It was on the second floor, and had a window overlooking the performance stage. It was a pretty large room but then again, it was for four people. It was all one room; One wall had the front door and two desks lined up against it, the left wall had two more desks and a wall mounted TV, the back wall had two bunkbeds pushed against it, and the third wall on the right had a couch facing the TV from across the room. Combined with each desk was a series of drawers to serve as a dresser. Overall, they comfortably fit a large amount of furniture into a medium sized room.