Chapter 57

Ash, Gary, Goh, and Drew had all arranged to pick up their dates a bit to the left of the entrance to the large field where the dance was being held. The preferable place would have been right outside the dance so that they wouldn't have to walk farther than necesary, but everyone else had arranged for that, so there were quite a few boys standing around the entrance to the park.

They boys chattered amoung themselves ("You did what, Ash?!?!") untill finally, their dates arrived.

Each and every boy was starstruck by the sight of their date. Goh oogled at Chloe, who blushed. Drew didn't say one snide remark to May, who just stood there smiling smmugly at Drew. Gary didn't say anything for a full second before finally complementing Trina, who had arrived with the others.

Ash stared at Serena, stars in his eyes for a moment, before walking up to her. The rest of the world didn't exist in that moment; only her.

"You look beautiful." Ash said, stunned.

Serena blushed hard. "Thanks." She said shyly. "You don't look to bad yourself, Ash." She gave him a cute wink, which made him want to wrap her up in a giant hug and tell her how he felt. Ash took a double take in suprise. Where did that idea come from?

Ash shook the thoughts out of his head and offered Serena a hand. "Shall we enter?" He said as suavely as he could (Gary's dating rule #22: Ladies love it when a guy in a suit is smooth.)

It was quite a ways to the entrance, so Ash had more than enough time to be suprised at the other guy's dates. "Wait a minute, Goh? You invited Chloe?"

Goh blushed. "Y-yeah." He didn't elaborate any farther, but Chole slipped her hand into his and smilled.

"And Drew? You invited May?!" This one suprised everyone as Drew and May had kept it a secret. 

As Drew flicked his hair, May was more than happy to explain. "We were arguing about Johto when in the middle of our argument he whipped out a rose and asked me to the dance. Obviously, I said yes." She smiled at Drew, and he smiled back, slipping their hands together as everyone else, even Trina, dropped their jaws in suprise.

Once everyone had finished their explanations on how they asked each other to the dance (Gary had just casually asked Trina during English, Dawn was going alone, and Ash sweatdropped when he realised how over-the-top his ask-Serena-to-the-dance plan had been), they had burned enough time walking to reach the entrance to the field.

When they entered the dance, they saw the 'twilight forest' theme was actually quite beautiful. The dance was outdoors, so real, potted trees had been moved to make a permimeter around the dance floor. There were multiple glowing lights behind them as well that did, in fact, reflect 'twilight' colors and not sunset colors, creating a mysterious but beautiful air around the space. There were strings of twilight-colored lights hung across the floor as well, hanging taught between the trees, and some lights were placed on the ground to make everything look like it was glowing. The a DJ booth was decorated to fit the theme as well, and the refresment's table was filled with twilight colored foods. The whole thing was finished off by the fact that it was currently twilight.

Whe Gary saw, he let out a low whistle. "Wow. For old teachers, they did a great job decorating."

Trina laughed. "Come on, Gary, let's dance!" Trina grabbed Gary's arm and pulled him away, the both of them chuckling as they hit the floor.

Chloe, Goh, Drew, May, and Dawn ran off behind them, leaving just Ash and Serena.

Ash turned to Serena and held out his hand. "Shall we?"

Serena looked at it. Ash had held her hand many times, most recently. But this time, they were finally at the school dance and Ash was asking her to the floor. She smiled widely before taking his hand. "I'd love to." She said blushing.