Chapter 58

Gary, who was dancing with Trina, noticed Ash and Serena leaving the dance floor out of the corner of his eye. He politely excused himself from Trina, who instead moved to dance with her friends, to follow the hopefully-about-to-be-couple to whereever they were going.

It turned out that they were heading to the area where their first 'date' was, behind the performance stage. Gary grinned as Ash took Serenas hands, looked her in the eye, and made a very dramatic, touching, and ridicuously cheesy speech about how he liked her.

"Serena?"

"Y-yes, Ash?"

"I lo-WHOoaaa!!!!!" Ash got plucked from the ground by a giant robot arm.

"Ash!" Serena called out.

"Ashy-Boy!" Gary called out simoltaneously, standing up from his hiding place behind the bush.

"What the?!" Came another voice. 

Gary looked across his bush, past a doubly stunned Serena, to see a certain-purple-haired male. "Purple head?! What are you doing here!?" He shouted. He was so surprised he forgot to think of an orignial color of purple.

Paul simply gave Gary a stern look and pointed to the balloon Team Rocket was in, from which a robotic arm holding a shouting Ash was attached.

"Team Rocket, whet are you doing here?!" 

Jessie simply laughed. "Prepare for trouble, we're here for a Twerp."

"And make it a double, with new orders from work!"

"To protect the world from devestation!"

"To unite all peoples within our nation!"

"To denounce the evils of truth and love!"

"To extend our reach to the stars above!"

"Jessie!"

"James!"

"Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!"

"Surrender now or prepare to fight!"

"Meowth, dat's wright!"

"Wob-buffet!"

Unlike Serena, who started yelling at Team Rocket, Gary payed them no mind, instead turning to Paul.

"Were you spying on Ash and Serena?"

"No, I was going for a walk and saw those criminals. You, however, blatantly followed them." Paul replied angerly.

"You saw Team Rocket and didn't say anything?!" Gary asked, suspicious. "And why were you going for walk tonight of all nights?!"

Paul exhaled sharply. "There are more important matters at hand!" He shouted at Gary, pointing to the Team Rocket balloon that was still floating right there, Ash in tow.

"Hello, Rude Twerp and Spiky Twerp, pay attention to us!" Jessie called out angerly.

Gary did pay attention to them, but for different reasons than Jessie would like. "Wait a minute, why am I 'spikey twerp'? Shouldn't I be 'handsome twerp'?" He shouted up.

Paul smacked himself.

Jessie actually replied. "Your hair could impale a cement wall, so you're spikey twerp!"

Ash was not happy about the situation. "Could somebody please help me down from here!?" He called out, whishing Pikachu was there.

"We're coming, Ash!" Gary called out, even though he had no pokemon or anything to actually help get him down."