Chapter 46

Ash had a sly smirk on his face as he waited at the practice fields for Gary and Paul. He had a plan this time; he had already arranged the details with Lucario. He bounced his foot impatiently, waiting for Gary and Paul to arrive.

When they finally did, Ash tried his best not to do anything suspicious as to give away his plan.

________........________ 

"Hey, Ash."

"Hey, Gary."

"What should we work on today?" Gary said to himself, looking around the field for answers.

"I have an idea. I've been working with Lucario one something special." Ash tried not to give away too much of his plan.

"Alright, what is it?" Gary asked. 

Lucario snickered.

Paul stood there (menacingly).

Ash grinned.

"I need you guys to stand there and wait a minute while I go finalise something with Lucario." Ash ran to the side of the field to talk to Lucario, leaving Gary and Paul in the middle of the field.

"Is he up to something? He's up to something, right?" Gary asked suspiciously.

Paul just closed his eyes, not caring.

Gary turned his attention back to Ash, who was whispering something to Lucario. 

He decided he'd stay, but be prepared to scoot at any signs of trouble.

________........________

'Alright Lucario, tell me one more time?' Ash asked Lucario using aura.

'Focus your aura in front of you using your hands. Be sure not to focus too much, or else it might be dangerous, and if you focus too little it will fizz out in your hands. Better to little than too much, though; remember you aura is stronger than you think, you don't want to hurt someone.' Lucario replyed using aura.

'Thanks, Lucario. This will be fun.' Ash and Lucario grinned.

"Alright guys, I'm ready!" Ash shouted from the side of the field.

"What are we supposed to do?" Gary asked, suspicious.

"Just stand there!" Ash called back.

Ash put his hands in front of himself, and focused his aura, like how he did in The Tree of Beginning. After a few milliseconds of focusing, he noticed a small orb starting to form. He kept going, adding more power, and soon there was a full-blown sphere; it had taken about a second to form.

Ash grinned and looked to Gary and Paul, who were watching him with suprised looks on their faces, before launching the sphere at them.

Gary imediately dodged, as if he had been expecting it, while, Paul stumbled to the side to avoid getting hit.

Ash started firing spheres at them rapid-fire style; trying to hit them, while they dodged.

"ASHY-BOY!!" Gary shouted angerly. "WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH AURA TRAINING!!?!!"

"It's obvious!" Ash shouted back. "Accuracy!" 

Ash laughed and grinned; he had been planning this 'prank' (If Ash had more experience with pranking people, he would have thought to hide in a bush while Lucario stood in plain sight just to confuse the both of them even more) with Lucario since he got the idea from watching two people battle in his Advanced Battling Class earlier.