Chapter 59

"Team Rocket, what do you want with me this time?" Ash asked angerly. He had been about to confess to Serena when he got inturepted. 

Oh, yeah, and he was being kidnapped. That was annoying too.

"Well, we don't really know, but when the boss gives us an order, we follow through!" James replied.

"Don't tell the Twerp that!" Jessie whispered loudly.

"Well, why not?" Asked James. "It's not like the twerp can do anything about it."

"Yeah, but wes don' wat 'em ta tink wes' not in the loop. Les make em beweve wes da top dags." Replied Meowth, who was also loudly trying to be quiet.

"You know I can hear you, right?" Ash called back up. 

Jessie and James strightened in embarasment before decideing to completely ignore his last comment. "The point is, we're not going to tell you." 

The mechanical arm was annoyingly tight, and he couldn't see where they were going. Based on what they had pased, though, he guessed it was in the general direction of Lumiose Tower.

Ash sighed. "Come on, you guys might try to steal Pikachu all the time, but you aren't evil at heart. Just let me go!" Arguing pobrably wasn't going to get him anywhere, but it was worth a shot.

James stalled a bit. He wasn't very comfortable with kidnapping a child, even if he was the Twerp. However, Jessie remained strong. "Nice try, Twerp, but we're not about to disobey the boss."

Under the starry sky, Ash sighed once more in annoyance as he was being carried to an unknown location by agents of a criminal organization that had been hunting him for years, presumably for nefarious purposes.

In other words, just another day.

He tried to worm out of the hand's grasp, but it was too tight. He looked for bolts to try and unscrew, but was unable to find any. 

He eventually remembered his aura skills and tried to throw and aura sphere at the arm, but it didn't do any good since it was probably built to withstand pokemon attacks.

In other words, he could only wait to see where t hey were taking him.

---***---***---***---

Apparently, they were going to Lumiose Tower.

When Team Rocket finally arrived at their location a few minutes later, Ash noticed that he was still quite high up, able to see the rest of the city lights, and that Lumiose Tower was no where in sight. Therefore, he concluded that he was on Lumiose Tower.

The arm holding Ash was attached to the bottom of the balloon, so instead of landing, Team Rocket dropped Ash from 10 feet onto the roof.

He landed perfectly and raised his fists, ready for a fight. He had never been in a serious one before, but he figured he would have a pretty good edge since he could create aura spheres from his bare hands. Realising this, Ash quickly put down his fists and instead put his hands in front of himself, ready to form a sphere.

But before Ash had a chance to throw an aura sphere at the feet of the Team Rocket grunts, one of them ordered their pokemon to use a highly effective attack: "Luxray, use thunder wave!"

Ash's eyes went wide and he tried to dash out of the way, but Luxray was faster and thunderwave was too big a move to dodge. Ash got trapped inside the dome and was rendered imobile.

Ash had been caught mid-stride, so as soon as the thunderwave hit he fell to the roof, gritting his teeth in anger as he tried and failed to move his uncooperative limbs.

Team Rocket had retracted the robotic arms and landed their balloon, stepping out and saluting to someone Ash couldn't see since he couldn't move his head.

Two Team Rocket Grunts picked up Ash, allowing him too see who Jessie, James and Meowth and the rest of Team Rocket were saluting to.

"Giovanni." Ash said, angry and stunned.

Another man walked up beside him, wearing a long cloak. He dramatically lifted up the hood and faced Ash.

Ash would have taken a step back in suprise if he was able to move and if grunts hadn't been holding him in place. "Lysandere?!"

Both men looked at him with contempt, but Giovanni was the first to voice his thoughts, stepping close to Ash so that they were eye to eye. "I remember you from Unova. You and that Pikachu of yours ruined my plans. This is a convienient way to get my revenge." He smiled, stepping away.

Lysandere simply glared at Ash from where he stood. "I was about to create a perfect world. I was this close," He said, holding up his hand and bringing his fingers close together, "To achiving peace. And you ruined it." He laughed bitterly before giving Ash a smile. A smile that revealed the man's true state of mind; he was not sane. "But you can't stop us this time." He put his hood back on his head before stepping back.

"What do you want with me?" Ash asked angerly.

Giovanni smiled. "You'll find out soon enough." He turned to the guards holding him. "Take him to the decive."

"Sir, yes sir!" The said simoultaneously before marching off. 

But before they did that, Ash had the sense of mind to use his new aura skills.

He closed his eyes and reached out, finding Giovanni's mind. He listened quietly to see if he was thinking about his plan.

After a few seconds, Ash was able to hear his thoughts. '...Going perfectly. Assuming all three devices work properly, Arceus will be under my control, and the world will bow down to Team Rocket!'

That was the last thought Ash heard before the grunts jarred him and broke his consentration.

However, he did notice one more detail. Before they had walked away, he had been able to see the auras of both Giovanni and Lysandere.

Unsuprisingly, Giovanni's aura was a dark red, with only a touch of purple. That in itself was rather disturbing to Ash since it meant that Giovanni had the worst of intentions.

However, the other thing he noticed suprised him the most. When he had seen Lysandere's aura, it had been a bright, pure white.

It struck Ash that Lysandere had never once talked about destroying the world for his own bennefit; he had always wanted to to it so that others could live a better life, by 'cleansing' the world of its weakness and making it 'beautiful'.

That scared Ash more than Giovanni's red aura. Because he knew firsthand how fighting for your dream or goal made you push through limits you didn't think you could surpass. And if Lysandere truly belived he needed to recreate the world to make it better, then he would stop at nothing to destroying it.