Chapter 36

Ash threw out a hand. "You're up, Pikachu!"

"Pika!" Pikachu excitedly leaped off Ash's shoulder and landed on the battlefield.

"This will be a three one three battle!" The referee called out. "Bla bla bla, bla bla bla bla! Go!"

Bede called out the first attack. "Rapidash, use psycho cut!"

"Pikachu, electro web!" Ash pumped out a fist. 

Ash Rapidash charged foward to attack Pikachu, its horn glowing purple with psycho cut, Pikachu threw an electroweb over it with an adorable "Pika!"

The electroweb was a direct hit, trapping Rapidash and causing it to rear and neigh, "Daaaaash!"

The announcer overlayed the battle with...err... helpful commentary. "And the first hit of the battle goes to Ash! These two competitors aren't holding back!"

Bede simply closed his eyes and looked down. "Hmph, at least this battle won't be a total waste of time."

Ash only grinned; now that the battle had started, he was too excited to be annoyed by Bede's insults. Besides, he had plenty of experience with smack-talking trainers.

"Alright Pikachu, keep it up with iron tail!"

"Use psychic," Bede said loudly but calmly, as if bored.

Rapidash held Pikachu up in the air, disabling its iron tail attack. "Pikapi!" Pikachu called out, immobilized.

"Alright then, use thunderbolt instead!" Ash called out.

Pikachu slapped its cheeks and with a "Pi ka CHU!!" it let out a firce thunderbolt.

Rapidash, who was still under the electroweb, got a double-dose of electricity. "Daaaash!" It cried out in pain. It lost its focus and freed Pikachu from the psychic, who landed on the ground harmlessly.

"Young Ketchum is two for two! How will Bede counter this insult to his battling prowness?!" The anouncer spoke as if it were a cartoon wrestling match and not a battle between two children.

Bede had a more serious look in his eye now. "Follow it up with dazzling gleam!"

Rapidash reared once more and broke through the electroweb. It then sent out a dazzling gleam, hitting Pikachu squarely.

Pikachu flew back a bit with a startled "Pika!" but landed back on its feet. 

"Bede gets his first hit in!" The announcer was spitting into his mic.

"Pikachu, quick attack!" Pikachu ran towards Rapidash, too quick for the eye to see. 

"Rapidash, moonblast again!" Bede called out. 

"Now Pikachu, thunderbolt!"

As Rapidash prepared the moonblast, Pikachu let loose a powerful Pika thunderbolt.

The moves collided, creating an explosion in the middle of the battlefield.

When the dust cleared, both Pikachu and Rapidash were still standing, though worse for wear. Their breathing was labored, and each had many scratches.

But Ash came up with a plan. "Pikachu, use electroweb all over the field!"

A tired Pikachu leaped into the air and pelted the field with electrowebs, effectively trapping Rapidash, much like the sludgebombs did to Gardevoir during his last match.

Bede, however, responded differently than Diantha. He simply smirked. "How cute. Rapidash, use psychic to lift up the electrowebs and throw them back at that Pikachu!"