Chapter 29

-Two days ago-

Giovanni was sitting in his office at Team Rocket HQ, petting his Persian and reviewing some paperwork from a failed raid on a school when a grunt came up the elevator to his office. "What?" He growled, annoyed. The raid had cost significant resources and he had to break his lead employee out of jail. An undesputable failure.

"Sir!" The grunt saluted. "A man here wants to speak with you. He says he has information you would be interested in."

"Why do you think this man would be of any interest to me?" He said dangerously.

"Sir, he said to tell you he has information on why your raid on the school failed."

Now Giovanni was slightly interested. He knew his grunts wouldn't take to word of just anyone off the streets; this man had obviously found a way to make them let him in. That alone was impressive. But the fact that he knew about the raid that had happened less than half an hour ago was intriguing.

"Send him up." Giovanni decided. The grunt nodded and went back down the elevator. Giovanni pondered what this man could possibly want to share.

________........________

As Lysandere stood in the elevator, he knew he had Giovanni hooked. He had spent the last few days scrapping up proof of the boy's aura, hacking into the school's security cameras, and, once the boy's aura was revealed, he had to have his keckleon get close enough to measure his aura. That had been difficult, but he finally had the readings that showed it was many times more powerful than that of a Lucario's. His plan was going perfectly.

Once the elevator stopped at the office floor, he stepped out, cloak swishing behind him, face still hidden.

"What do you want?" Giovanni continued petting Persian, who mewled contentedly.

"I'm here with information and a proposal."

"What kind of proposal?"

"I know a way to make Team Rocket the ruler of the world."

"Continue." Giovanni was slightly interested. He still had no information with which to trust this man, but he he didn't seem to be lying. Besides, it was more interesting than paperwork.

"Your most recent raid was on the Kalos Institute of Pokemon. It failed when your agents were unable to overpower the students and their Pokemon. However, one student in particular stopped your agents from completing their plan."

The cloaked man took a decive out of his pocket. It then projected a holographic screen that showed a frozen frame of security footage from the school office. Giovanni was impressed; the fact that he managed to get this security footage was impressive, and he must have built or had someone build that device personally.

"This student is Ash Ketchum. He's a talented young trainer who thwarted your agent's plans."

He hit a button on the device and the footage started to play. Giovanni watched as the child intervened with the grunts who were about to attack Sycamore before defeating one of his best battlers while destroying his ship. He curled up his hands into fists angerly.

"As you can see, this young boy has powerful pokemon that an organization such as yours would be interested in. However, I did not come all the way to Kanto to tell you there's a powerful trainer in Kalos."

He hit more buttons on the device and rewound it to a specific frame. When he zoomed in, Giovanni could see that, for a second too short to see had it not been videotaped, the boy glowed blue, and his eyes turned an electric blue. He leaned back slightly in suprise. 

"This boy has a strong aura. The power within him is practically limitless if harvested correctly. I have a machine that, with some tweaks, could absorb this energy and transform it into a wave that could mind-control any pokemon. You and Team Rocket could take over the world."

Giovanni leaned foward slightly, a dramatic display of emotion for him. If this man was telling the truth, this boy could indeed take over the world.

"This is an incredible offer. However, I need proof before I agree to anything. For all I know, you could have forged the footage to convince me to agree to this." Giovani didn't think the man was lying, but of course, he could never be sure.

"You have scientists, correct? I have the blueprints for the machine here. They can confirm it would work." 

Giovanni still wasn't convinced. "What's in it for you?"

"I have a... history with the boy. With this machine, I could get revenge in the best way possible."

The man lifted the hood of his cloak.

His face was a mess of scars. His nose was barely visible and one of his eyes had been closed shut from an old wound, and his other eye potrayed pure rage. 

Giovanni smiled. "I like a man that was nothing to lose... Lysandere."