Chapter 48

Ash gritted his teeth. The pancakes were going to escape if he didn't time this just right.

"Alright, Pikachu, give them a gentle thunderbolt when I say the word, then we'll move in and eat them. Ready?"

"Pika!" Pikachu said confidently.

"Alright then. Three, two, one, GO!"

"Pi ka CHU!!"

"GAHHH!" Ash woke up with a thunderbolt for the 6th time out of his 9 days at school.

"Ughnn.." Ash looked at the alarm clock; it was 3 minutes before it was set to wake the four of them up. Ash sighed. Gary, Drew, and Goh didn't even notice his scream; they had gotten used to it by now.

Ash laid in bed for a few minutes until the alarm went off. He listened as Goh (who was usually the best in the early mornings) turn off the alarm.

Ash climbed down the ladder and grabbed a set of clothes and a toothbrush, about heading to the bathroom when Gary stopped him. 

"Ashy-Boy, don't forget: After aura training and your battle with Paul, ask Serena to the dance." Gary rubbed his eyes. The first thing Gary does when he wakes up is control my lovelife?

"Oh yeah Gary, who are you going to ask to the dance?" Ash said.

"Asked. Past tense. I asked Trina from English. Turns out she's pretty great." Gary said, smiling. 

When did he do that?!? Y'know what? Nevermind. "What about you guys?" Ash asked Goh and Drew "Who did you ask?"

Both of them blushed. "That's a suprise" Drew said.

"Same here." Commented Goh.

"Oh, so you've both got ladies in mind? I bet I can figure out who." Gary said, smirking.

Ash didn't even try to figure it out; he had realised he wasn't going to get very far by guessing, and the dance was tomorrow. 

After getting ready, Ash walked to Intermediate Pokemon Catching, Pikachu on his shoulder. He scribbled down notes, but wasn't really paying attention. Instead, he was trying to figure out how to ask Serena to the dance. Should I just ask her? Knock on her door and hand her a flower? Or should I take her somewhere, and ask her there? Most importantly, why didn't Gary arrange this part for me?! And when did he have time to ask Trina to the dance?!

"Ashy-Boy? Ashy-Boy!"

Ash turned to Gary, snapping our of his daze. "Yeah?"

"Ashy-Boy, I've called your name four times. What are you thinking about? Y'know what, I bet I already know."

Ash blushed a bit; he was pretty sure Gary was right.

"And your blushing confirms it." Gary whispered so that Serena wouldn't hear.

Ash blushed a bit harder before turning away from Gary and looking at his notes.

---***---***---***---

In Advanced Pokemon Studies, Ash learnd about Seismitoad and its evolotionary stages. He took down good notes, since he only really knew about the Palipitoad stage, but didn't pay much attention afterwards. 

He instead glanced around the classroom. He only saw one familiar face, Sawyer's, but he was a few rows back. He started thinking about Serena again. I don't think I want to just ask her. I want to ask her while she's alone, just the two of us. I'll ask Pikachu to stay at the dorms. Ash absently scratched Pikachu behind the ears as he thought this. So what should I ask her to do? Go on a walk? Look at the stars like last week?