Chapter 45

"Alright, everyone! Today is going to be exciting; this week, we're going to do our own mock showcase!" Aria said happily to the class.

Everyone, including Serena, started cheering. She turned to Shauna, who was standing beside her. "We're going to do a showcase? That's great!"

"I can't wait! What will the first round be? Baking? Decorating?" Shauna wondered. 

They turned their attention back to Aria. "We'll complete the first round today, and the performance rounds will be tomorrow! Next Tuesday, the winner will face me, just like at the master class!" Aria explained happily.

"The first round will be..." She looked at the tablet in her hands before smiling and turning it around to show the class. "A pokemon quiz!"

Serena grinned. It had been so long since she had done the theme round in a performance. She didn't miss the performing round as much since it was so alike the appeal stage in pokemon contests.

"Alright, the first group of performers will be..." She turned to her tablet again. "...Serena, Miette, and Trina!"

Serena grinned brightly. She was up first!

She, Miette, and Trina all stood at a corner of the performing stage, where they currently were. Normally, they were at the practice battlefields, but since they were doing a mock performance, the stage seemed more appropriate.

"For this challenge, your pokemon will have to battle for this ball," Aria held up a ball that was larger than a softball but smaller than a soccer ball. "And they'll have to put it through this hoop." Aria gestured to a hoop that was upright, around the size of a basketball hoop. "Send out your pokemon of choice!"

Serena thought about this for a moment before throwing her pokeball. "I choose you, Hattena!"

Hatena's psychic, confusion, and disarming voice moves will be really helpful here.

Miette chose her meowstic while Shauna chose her gotharita. All of us chose psychic types... I bet they know the move psychic, too. Serena thought.

"If your pokemon gets the ball through the hoop, you'll get to answer the question. If you are unable to answer the question, one of your opponents can steal it. The first person to have three questions answered correctly Got it?"

Serena, Miette and Trina nodded.

"Alright then, three, two, one, go!" Aria threw the ball high into the air and stepped back.

Hattena immediately used psychic on the ball, bringing it towards the hoop. She was about to score when Meowstic used psychic on it to take it out of her grip and started bringing it towards the hoop to score a goal for itself.

However, Gothirita started to use psychic on the ball as well. They wrestled with it for a few moments before Hattena used psybeam on it, propelling it foward and through the hoop.

"Alright, Serena! You'll have to answer this question correctly for a point." Aria looked to her tablet before reading the question out loud. 

"What stones would a Lucario need to mega evolve?" Aria said cheerily.

Serena barely took a moment to think about it before replying, "A Lucarionite, and its trainer would need a keystone."

"Correct! You have one point!" Aria smiled. Serena noticed that Aria was almost always s miling when she taught thi class; she seemed to really like it.

"Alright, round two!" Aria threw the ball into the air again.

This time, all three pokemon used psychic to grab it at the same time. In the end, Meowstic wound up with the ball.