Chapter 61

Ash, still imobile, was dragged to a large machine.

It resembled a table, but it was slanted up slightly and had multiple wires leading away from it and hand and feet constraints on it. In other words, a stereotypical bad-guy table.

The grunts laid Ash on it, so his head was on the side that slanted upwards, and started strapping him into it, putting restraints on his wrists and ankles, and putting a helmet-like device on his head.

Ash tried to fight back, but his muscles simply wouldn't listen to him after the thunder wave, so when he was finally fully strapped in, he was unable to do anything when the grunt who had been holding him radioed Giovanni. 

"Sir, the boy is secure and all systems are aligned. Shall I begin?" He spoke into the walkie talkie on his uniform collar.

Ash could faintly hear the reply. "*Initiate the machine imediately.*"

"Sir, yes sir!"

The grunt stepped to the console that was just to the right of the table Ash was on, pulling a lever on the side of it and starting upthe machine.

"AAAH!!" As soon as the machine started, Ash could feel the aura that normally kinda swirled around in him being drained by the machine. It it felt like the life was being sucked out of him, and it was not a good feeling.

After hearing Ash's pained cry, the grunt looked at him, as if this was the first time he realised that Ash was a child and not just a thing he had to carry. He quickly walked away, uncomfortable, to instead observe from a distance.

Ash soon got used to the dreaful feeling of the machine, instead focusing his attention on trying to move once more. To his immense pleasure, he found that he could move his head slightly, granting him a better view of the roof.

He saw quite a few Team Rocket members, some conversing or loading things onto or off of airships. However, most of the roof was blocked by the raised section in the middle where Ash had been before. This time, he was on the very corner of the lower part of the roof, towards where he had battled with Lysandere.

He tried to move his head so that he could see onto the upper level of the roof, but while his head did cooperate, it was too high up to see anything but glimpses of uniforms.

Now that his head listened to him, he tried moving his arms and legs, to see if he could wiggle out of the rather painful machine, but he could barely move each of his limbs, let alone yank them hard enough to break free from the restraints. 

He kept trying, since he wasn't the type to give up, but progress was slow. After a minute or two, he could move his limbs halfway normally, but he still couldn't break free. He gritted his teeth. He wouoldn't let Giovanni and Lysandere win, no matter what.

________........________

Giovanni grinned. Everything was going according to plan.

"Sir!"

Giovanni turned around to see one of his scientists approaching, fumbling his clipboard and readjusting his glasses.

"What is it?" He said sternly.

"The power output from the boy! It's, It's-"

"Out with it!"

"It's incredible! It's triple what we expected! His aura is so powerful, our readout device was fried! It's so powerful, it's not just off the chart, it literally broke the chart!!!" He announced, practically dazed from shock and happiness.

Giovanni grinned. Thing's weren't going according to plan. They were going even better. If the power output from the boy was really three times more powerful than they had assumed, they would have enough Energy to control Arceus for a week within an hour.