Chapter 12

"Quick attack, Pikachu!" Ash yelled. He was battling a very powerful group of hamburgers while in a forest made of watermelons.

Pikachu connected the quick attack, but the hamburgers didn't even flinch.

"Grr," Ash gritted his teeth as he thought. It didn't do a thing!

The hamburgers started charging up a hyper beam.

We'll need to turn it up a notch! "Pikachu, use thunderbolt and give it all you got!"

"Pi..ka..CHU!!!"

"Ahhhhhhh!" Ash painfully snapped out of his dream battle. 

Gary, who was on the other top bunk, rubbed his eyes and squinted at Ash. "Ash? What happened? And why are you screaming at 5:30 in the morning?" He was so confused he forgot to call Ash Ashy-boy.

"Sorry Gary. I must have been talking in my sleep, cause Pikachu gave me a thunderbolt." Ash turned to his partner pokemon, only to see he was still sleeping.

Ash sweatdropped.

"Wake me up when it's nine..." He said, pulling the covers over his head.

Ash laid in bed for another minute, but it was no use trying to go back to sleep after the adrenaline rush and electrocution he had just gotten.

He put on his clothes, grabbed his schedule, and went for a walk around campus.

Ash enjoyed the fresh morning air as he walked around. The sun hadn't risen yet and it was refreshingly chilly. As the sky grew a tad lighter, he heard noises coming from one of the practice battle fields that were by the dorm. He headed that way; anyone who was battling at this hour had be a serious battler.

He walked across a corner to see a heated battle underway. Both pokemon were panting heavily and were littered with scratches, but weren't backing down. 

"Now Lycanrock, use stone edge!" 

"Use brick break." While tall pillars of stone started coming at Electivire, it used brick break to destroy them.

On one side of the battlefield was Gladion, battling with his midnight form Lycanrock against Paul, who was using Electivire. Ash stayed behind the corner of the building so that he wouldn't interupt their battle.

"Counter!" Lycanroc attacked Electivire with a brick break at double the power.

"Protect!" Electivire created a forcefeild at the last second, protecting it from the brick break.

"Stone edge!"

"Thunder!"

Both moves made contact with the oposing pokemon, causing a small explosion.

"Time to end it!" Gladion crossed his wrists in front of his face, activating his Z-ring. "The blue moon's Z-power washes over us," He said while posing. "And the crumbling world!" He and Lycanrock built up the-power. "Then seals it up!" The Z-ring made an arc of light between Glasion and Lycanrock. "Now! Use continental crush!"

Lycanrock created a huge boulder and snet it hovering over Electivire. Paul grimanced. "Electivire! Use brick break an thunderpunch to destroy it!" Electivire jumped up to the boulder and started attacking it. It managed to break off a large portion of it, but a large chunk still landed on top of it while making a large cloud of dust. Lycanrock, Gladion, and Paul waited to see the results.

As the dust cleared, Electivire was shown to be unable to battle. 

Gladion smiled slightly. "Good work, Lycanrock." He returned Lycanrock to its pokeball. He headed to the center of the battlefield, expecting to exchange words with Paul.