Chapter 52

Ash and Serena took the elevator to the top floor. When they exited the elvator cab, Serena was shocked.

On the rooftop, there was a pre-prepared candlelit table. It was covered with a red tablecloth, rosepetals, and two covered plates.

The whole setup had a beautiful view of the entire city and the setting sun. It completely took Serena's breath away. Did Ash arrange this?

Ash stepped out of the elevator and held out a hand. Is he... blushing?!

Serena blushed a bit herself and took his hand. He lead her to the table, pulling out a chair for her.

"Is this for me?" She asked shyly.

"Yeah, I asked Clemont and Bonnie to help set it up earlier." Ash took the other seat and rubbed his nose. "Do you like it?"

"Like it?!" Serena said. "Ash Ketchum, I love yo-it! I love it!" She quickly covered her mistake. She wasn't ready for that yet.

"That's great! I had to use my pokephone to search 'Romantic settings'" Ash admitted sheepishly.

Serena laughed. That explained it.

"And guess what?" Ash eagerly uncovered his plate. "Clemont made the food himself!" 

Serena's grin only widened. She uncovered her plate to see Clemont made some spagetti for dinner. 

"That's amazing! It's-I-Thank you!" When Serena looked to Ash, her eyes held the purest, most beautiful emotion Ash had ever seen.

"I tried my best." Ash rubbed his nose once again.

"Mhmmm, Clemont's cooking is just as great as ever!" Serena said happily as they both enjoued the spagetii. Ash's plate notably started out with more than Serena's and already had less.

"Yeah, it's the best! The only thing better than Clemont's cooking is your baking." Ash said between bites. He had nearly cleared his plate.

Serena smiled at the compliment. "Thanks, Ash! Oh yeah, I've wanted to know for some time now. Did you cook for yourself on your earlier journeys?" Ash had never mentioned anyone's food at the lunch table except whatever their current meal was and Serena's pokepuffs.

"Well, when I travelled through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, Brock cooked all our meals. You remember Brock, right?"

Serena nodded; Ash, Dawn and May had told many stories of their older, love-struck travelling companion.

"He was a great cook! And when I travelled through Unova, my friend Cilan cooked our meals. He was a cooking conosuier."

"A connoiseur?" Serena questioned.

"Yeah. I don't excactly remember what the term meant, but he was a really good cook. He was also a pokemon connoiseur, which meant he judged the bond between people and pokemon. I think he was also a fishing connoiseur, an acting connoiseur, a detective connoiseur, and a judging connoiseur!"

"Wow, that's a lot!" Serena said, suprised.

"Wait, I forgot metro connoiseur."

"Metro connoiseur?"

"He knew a lot about the Unova subway system."

"Is it easy to be a connoiseur? It sounds like an official position, and to be so many connoiseurs seems like it'd take a lot of time."

"I know he put a lot of effort into becoming an A-class pokemon connoiseur, but I don't know about a cooking connoisseur or any of the other things he was connoiseur of."