Chapter 4

After reading the Dorm listings, Ash had two thoughts. The first was "Wow, Pikachu, I can't believe we know everyone in our dorm!"  What were the odds?

"Pika!"

The second was "Wait a minute... GARY?!?!?" 

Several students gave Ash quizical looks before returning to their own dorm listings, but Ash paid them no mind. He had become friends with Gary, but living in the same dorm room as him... Ash sweatdropped. "Oh boy..."

"Attention students!" Ash turned his attention to the voice that was coming through the loudspeaker. "Please report to the battle stadium for the assembly! We will begin shortly!"

Ash looked to the pokemon on his shoulder. "Race you there, Pikachu!" He set off with a grin.

________........_________

Serena read the names on her list. Hmm, I don't know who Chloe is. Dawn!?!?! That's amazing! At least I know for sure I'll have one nice roomate! And lastly... May too?!?! That's great!

Flashback

Serena was in a park in Petalburg, practicing for an upcoming contest. "Alright Swablu, use mist!" Swablu let out a cry and covered a large section of the park with mist. "Now use moonblast!" The moonblast pulsed through the mist to create a beautiful, dazzling veil. "Alright!" She cheered. "And now, for the finishing touch, use sing!" Swablu sung a beautiful song. Once it was over, multiple people in the park started cheering. Serena looked around in suprise, not having noticed anyone was watching. 

"That was incredible!" Serena turned around to see a girl with green eyes and light brown hair. 

"Thanks! I didn't realize so many people were watching," Serena said sheepishly, rubbing the back of her head.

"Why wouldn't they? That was so great! Are you practicing for the contest?" 

"Yeah! I'm Serena!" Serena smiled and put out a hand.

"I'm May!" May took the hand and shook it. 

"Are you competing in the contest as well?" Serena inquired.

"Yeah, although It's mostly for fun. I just got back from the Johto region, and thought I'd participate in a Hoenn contest before returning." May smiled. "And now hopefully I'll get to battle you!"

Serena smiled. "I was just about to head to the stadium! Would you like to walk together?"

"Sure!"

As they both headed off towards the stadium, they chatted about thie past experiences. "So there's no battling in pokemon showcases?" May inquired.

"No, but there are still two rounds. The first is a theme performance round, which changes in each showcase. It might be a baking competition or a quiz, it's unpredictable! The second round is the freestyle round, wich is a little like the appeal stage in a competition. Only you can use multiple pokemon at once. It's a whole lot of fun!" Serena grinned.

"Wow, performances sound incredible! I've heard them mentioned, but never knew what they were. I'll have to tell Drew-." May covered her mouth as if she said something she wasn't supposed to.

"Who's Drew?"

"Errr- No one!" May was flushed red.

"...Is something wrong?" Serena was begining to understand what was happening.

"Nothing! Nothing is wrong! Let's change the subject," May offered.

Serena wasn't going to let her off the hook that easily. "Is this Drew person someone... special to you?" Serena smiled mischievously. She had been at the reciving end of this conversation so many times, if was a fun change to be teasing someone else about it.