Chapter 44

Wednesday morning English 1 was... interesting.

"Alright, class!" said Professor G cheerily. "Today, I want everyone to write a paragraph, around 5-7 sentences, about something interesting they've done. The paragraph must inclue two underlined verbs, adverbs, nouns, along with proper grammar. It should also be interesting and flow smoothly. You'll have all class to write your paragraph, and you can swap with your classmate to double check your work if you wish. At the end of the class, I will select a random student's paragraph to read out loud, so make sure you're comftorbale with whatever you're sharing being shared with the class." 

He was about to sit down in his seat when he noticed the class shifting in their seats uncomfortably. "Oh, and I wrote all the instructions on the board." He rolled aside a smaller whiteboard to show all the instructions written down. Many students sighed in relief; he had given them a lot of instructions.

Ash tapped his pencil to his chin, staring at his blank paper. Hmm, something interesting I've done. I could write about my first day as a pokemon trainer? No, I'm not sure if Pikachu would appreciate me sharing that story. Maybe about defeating Team Flare, since that happened in Kalos? No, that seems a bit dramatic to share with the class. Oh, I know!

Ash put pencil to paper, starting to draft his paragraph. After a few minutes, he finished his draft.

"Hey Gary? Will you review my paper?" Ash said quietly.

"Sure, Ashy-Boy. Here's mine for you to check." They switched papers.

Ash read over Gary's, which simply described his travels through Galar researching Gigantamax and Dynamax as well as catching Hatterene. He quickly graded it, only finding one missspelling, before looking to Gary to see if he was finished.

Gary was still reading Ash's paper, grinning like a maniac. When he finally turned back to Ash, he was trying not to laugh. "Well, Ash, if your paragraph is read to the class, it will certainly turn some heads." They traded papers.

Ash looked at what Gary had suggested that he should edit in his paper, but was more focused on what Gary had said. I've learned over the past week that when Gary says things like that, he means something different than what he leterally says. But that's not very helpful, knowing that people won't literally 'turn their heads'. 

Ash decided to let it go and instead re-wrote his paragraph, including Gary's edits.

"Alright, class! Please submit your papers, and I'll read three of them to the class!" Professor G stood up and held up a 'submit your paper' bin.

Ash set in his paper and went back to his seat, watching Professor G shuffle them. 

At last, he picked up three. 

"The first is written by Trina Leenu." He cleared his throat and began to read.

"Last Christmas, I eagarly begged my parents for a Skitty. I impatiently awaited the big day, until finally Christmas rolled around. I saw a box under my christmas tree with my name that was just the size of a pokeball. I rushed to unwrap it, throwing wrapping paper everywhere. But inside was only  note from my younger brother that read 'got ya!'"

When Professor G finished reading it, the class started laughing. "Excellent story, Trina! The only thing I could find wrong was that you started the last sentence with 'but', which is a conjuction and cannot start a sentence. Overall, excellent work!" He wrote her grade, which he kept private (though it was probably an A), on her paper before giving it back to her.

"Alright, next up is Gladion!"

Gladion sat back and sweatdropped, embarrased, but Professor G didn't seem to notice.