PROLOGUE

Female best friends over the years have been called a lot of things.

Besties.

Bitches.

BFFs.

Girlfriends.

Sweeties.

Girls!

And whatever cliche words, women came up with. For Seth Sandoval Cervantes however, female best friends were homewreckers, bad relationship advisors, enemies, wolves in sheep clothing and most of all spiteful.

Seth tried to be comfortable in his seat but he failed to.

Suddenly the artichoke soup with black truffles infront of him tasted like sour acid in his mouth. He neatly took the napkin spilled all the contents out of his mouth before he went ahead to stare at the woman infront of him.

"W-where is this coming from?" He asked her amused at how the very romantic dinner had taken a trip down south.

And the fact that he had stuttered? He never stuttered? He had never felt quite as scared as he did now seating in Beau Restaurant with his fiance, Tessa Urquillo.

"I've been doing a lot of thinking, Seth. You are always busy, am also busy with my career. This...this isn't working out for us", Tessa said looking at him dead in the eyes.

Except he knew what was going on. Tessa loved him. Tessa Urquillo loved him and was still in love with him, there was no way she would want to end their relationship out of the blue.

In his mind, only one woman and one woman only would want to break what Tessa and he had. And that woman was Tessa's bestfriend.

Jessica Davis hated Seth. She had made that clear in numerous occasions and to be honest, he loathed her as much.

"Then I'll make it work!" He lashed out, slamming the napkin on the table.

All the occupants in Beau Restaurant turned to him and at that moment he didn't give a hoot what they thought of him.

Tessa lolled her head back in surprise too, her blue eyes wide with surprise at his outburst.

"Seth, it's just a break. A break to get our shit together before we invest so much in our relationship", Tessa added.

He chuckled out loud. Invest so much in their relationship? For God's sake, they were engaged, Seth thought. They were about to be married soon and she was breaking up with him?

He simply couldn't believe Tessa wanted that. Jessica Davis seemed like the one to put crazy ideas into Tessa's head.

"Did Jessica suggest this? Did she tell you it was wise to take a break from me?" He asked with every bit of anger crawling in his veins.

"No. J-Jessica had nothing to do with this", Tessa said, her high pitched voice telling him what he wanted to know.

Everytime she lied, her voice became pitchy and she would always speak too quickly. Years of dating and he knew the woman infront of him like the back of his hand.

"She suggested this, didn't she? God damn it Tessa! When are you going to realize that Jessica is evil?! That she wants to control you and like a little kid you let her control you!" He growled.

"Is that-is that how you think of me? Like am some child who can't make her own decisions? Wow, Seth, maybe this is what needs to be done because you don't know me at all.

And I would rather be celibate than marry a stranger", Tessa cried standing up and throwing her napkin on the table.

"Tess I-I didn't mean-"
And he also stood up trying to grab her hand before she left the restaurant and probably his life forever.