37| the case as a homicide

JESSICA DAVIS

Karma was a bitch. She'd know a thing or two about it because at the moment, everything she had put him through was exactly what she felt watching him with another woman on live TV.

"So Ms Dupont, how does it feel working with Cervantes Co? Or what everyone is curious about, how does it feel working with LA's most eligible bachelor, SETH CERVANTES"

And the woman with raven black hair, smiled and blushed and Jessica felt like smacking away that blush from her face.

"It's an honor, Cindy. Cervantes Co is a luxury company that if you agree with me, will boost my career even higher than it already is and as for Seth Cervantes, I can't really say much but he's been friendly and very much accommodating"

And the brunette held Seth's muscular arm giving him the googly eyes as she repeated the words 'very accommodating'.

"What a flirt!" Jessica hissed, before her gaze fell on the muscular man clad in a custom Ermenegildo Zegna suit. He looked more handsome than the last time she saw him.

Dark haired, a bearded face, broad shoulders, a gladiator-esque demeanor that made her core pool with want and his eyes. Those grey orbs that seemed to suck the life out of her stared at another woman and she felt a heavy weighed rock in her heart threaten to choke her.

"What about you, Seth Cervantes? Out of all designers, why Adviel Dupont?"

And he straightened his jacket without breaking a sweat so much that Cindy, the interviewer herself looked as dry and parched as the Kalahari desert.

"Apart from being gorgeous, she's great at what she does. Unlike my earlier employees who I won't mention at the moment, Adviel does things her way without faltering to another person's opinions. Even I included. So for your question, she's great at what she does and that's why I chose her"

"Whoo. I'm sure y'all can agree with me when I say, I'd very much want to be Adviel at the moment. It's not everyday Seth Cervantes calls a woman gorgeous on live TV"

And the crowd went berserk.

"She's not that beautiful for God's sake", Jessica yelled at no one in particular.

Rather it was jealousy eating her away that had her feeling so alone and hopeless. Adviel Dupont looked like the perfect poster child for gym and energy drink ads.

Starting from her flawless black hair, her body was one hot mess, covered with a flat tummy, a great bust, flawless tanned skin and smooth long legs. She was the very definition of sinful desire for all men while Jessica on the other hand had gained weight so much that she looked like a walrus.

Add in heartbreak, pregnancy and her instant cravings and she was no less than a whale. Though she couldn't trade her body to have that of Adviel Dupont because that would mean giving up her baby.