35| your girlfriend is pregnant

JESSICA DAVIS

"I want us to break up"

She felt her lungs lose the very air they were holding, her heart cut piece by piece and her eyes wanted to sob till she couldn't cry anymore.

"Is that right?" Seth asked amusedly making it harder and harder for her.

She had made her decision. A decision that would better her bestfriend and not her. She didn't care about herself if that meant keeping her friend alive.

Love wasn't for her. Their love didn't have a happily ever after and fuck all the shamans that had made her believe that. Seth chose Tessa years ago and no matter what, Tessa loved him, she loved him. It didn't get more complicated than that.

As long as they all lived and breathed in the same planet, there was never going to be a happy ending for her and Seth.

"And what made you come to this decision?" He asked voice so calm and stoic that it scared her.

Shoving all her emotions down her stomach, she surged on like a soldier missing a leg and still warding to war.

"I can't be with you and forget the fact that you left me when I needed you", she was pushing him further and she knew it and she hated herself for it.

She pulled the Viv-card mentally uttering a silent prayer for her daughter to forgive her.

"I-I can't look at you without thinking about my daughter. Without thinking that if you'd acknowledged we slept together, my daughter would still be-"

"Don't", he stood up, eyes raging mad like a bull in a bull ring, "don't finish that statement because there's no going back from that"

"Going back from what?" Her throat felt clogged by guilt and shame but she continued ignoring the look in his eyes,"the fact that you are to blame for my daughter not being with us? I can't stand you because you remind me of what a loser I was. What a big mistake I made and I'm still making up until now"

"You don't mean that", he said between gritted teeth approaching her, hands balled into fists, knuckles turning white.

"I mean that. I mean every single word-"

"No you don't!" he laughed cynically stepping back a bit before he rubbed his jaw.

The very jaw she loved running a finger across all night. The very jaw she kissed every morning she woke engulfed and drowned in his scent. The very jaw that held the lips that devoured her and claimed her every night they were in Cancun.

"And don't you dare bring our daughter into this! This isn't about Viv or the past, this is about you being weak and allowing yourself to be manipulated by Tessa. Jesus, can't you see that? Can't you see this was her plan?

Do you fucking think that for a moment Tessa tried to commit suicide? If you believe her nonsense, then you are as naive as you were when you were fucking seventeen. She's crazy, she's--"

One minute he was talking and the next, she had lost her cool colliding her palm with his cheek, hard.

Then the tears came as fast as she had slapped him,

"She loves you. Y-you wouldn't know that because you've never been in that position. A position where you love someone and you are willing to die just to get him out of your head and out of your heart. A love so great that it hurts"

He smoothed his cheek and when his grey eyes met hers, his anger dissipated and was instead replaced with the intense love he showed her everyday,"I don't know that kind of love? I've never been in that position? I love you for God's sake. I love you more than I've ever loved anyone in this world. I'd die for you any time, any place and I know you feel the same"