32| it's about Tessa

JESSICA DAVIS

JESSICA DAVIS

Her heart fluttered and a whole zoo stampeded in her stomach as she watched the mariachis start to fiddle with their instruments.

She'd joked about it last night to him while she was nose-deep in a book.

A Serenade.

An hour late after disappearing to take care of something, Seth was back with a whole band of mariachis lined down at the porch.

"What are you doing?" She mouthed from the balcony she was standing at.

And Seth with that cocky grin that had now become an extension of what she loved about him, mouthed back,

"You'll love it"

She tucked a strand of hair from her face leaning closer to the balcony while the neighbors who'd heard the music from a mile away closed in. She hummed to the familiar tune watching Seth borrow a vihuela from the bulky man next to him.

Once his hoarse voice echoed in the night, her arms got infested with goosebumps and the hairs at the back of her neck stood. He strummed the vihuela as if he'd been playing music all his life, his voice is so passionate and yet so dominating that the mariachis struggled to keep up.

The man she thought she knew back then wouldn't have done this. Because the old Seth Cervantes was never a people pleaser. People came to him, people seduced him, and not the other way around.

However her Seth, Seth would do anything to make her happy. He reminded her every day that nothing warmed his heart like her emerald eyes twinkling with happiness. It was even funny that she didn't know her pupils were green. She'd not even once taken a good look at them because she assumed they were just plain old brown.

The Seth singing his heart out to her was different. He was kind, he was funny, he was possessive and most importantly he took care of her. He made sure she ate, he asked when he noticed something was off and in the bedroom... whilst she'd been embarrassed about crying in his arms once his length invaded her core, Seth had been there to assure her she was doing great.

Fuck. Did I hurt you? He had asked with so much self-blame that night that she sobbed harder. It took some adjusting to his big cock and the tears she had spilled that night were tears of joy. She hadn't felt that good since the last time Seth was inside her.

And with Jace, she didn't want to think about him.

Hey, it's okay. He had said.

You'll just have to breathe for me, okay? He had assured.

We'll take it gently before I increase the pace. Is that alright? He'd asked for consent all the while trying to be the dominant one in the situation.

Pulling her mind from the gutter, she leaned closer to the railing blushing hard at Seth's stare, watching in awe as he sang.

A low cheer erupted from the people who'd held out their phones recording the whole thing and Seth playing the final chords returned the three-string guitar to one of the men, his knee coming into contact with the marble floor.