Highschool| shitty way of apologizing

SETH

"Any girl I should know about?"his father teased and Seth scoffed tightening the grip on his boxing gloves.

"Hey, what's that look for? When I was your age, girls clung to my arm the way glue stuck to paper",his father added chuckling heartily as he obviously recalled his good old days.

"Times have changed, dad. Besides you already know the only girl that will ever exist in my life is Tessa",Seth said proudly giving the old punching bag a go.

His father held on to the punching bag trying his best to hold it in position. One punch and Seth was already feeling at ease after a long crappy day at school.

"Believe me, I was once like you too. I had a crush on a certain blonde, a cheerleader, massive boobs, good figure. Everything you'd want in a girl but at the end of the day she wasn't the one"

As awkward as it was talking about his father's highschool days, he felt the need to correct him that Tessa was the one. He didn't love Tessa because she had boobs or a nice figure or whatever nasty guys thought about when it came to picking girls. Tessa was the one for him.

"Sorry to say but I'm not like you, dad. I love her, it's not a crush and I certainly think that she is the one. I can feel it"

"I also felt the same way about Joanna Manchester and look where I am today. Point is, don't rush it. Love, from my experience, comes naturally and unexpected, not forced but naturally"

Seth wanted to chime in that his love for Tessa came in naturally too but knowing his dad, he would definitely come up with some other love googled quote that Seth wasn't in the mood to listen to.

He tightened his fists, throwing another punch at the punching bag.

"Paul Davis called me this morning",his father, Roman, said out of the blue and Seth took a break staring at his father.

He had heard about Paul Davis but why would his father inform him about Paul Davis calling? Seth barely knew the guy, the only thing he knew was that the said Paul Davis was some billionaire in charge of the largest shipping company in California.

"Let me guess you are leaving for work tonight? How long will this business trip take?" Seth asked taking a minute to catch a breath.

He grabbed the water bottle from the nearby bench as his father let go of the punching bag going to sit on the bench.

"We didn't talk about business. Actually he was calling about you"

"About me?" Seth almost choked on the water. Since when did his father's important clients want to talk to him?

"He wasn't too happy either. You were with his daughter last night?"

And Seth had to rake his memories bit by bit trying to recall each and every girl he had been with at Brent's party.

"Not that I can remember",he defended himself.

"Jessica? Jessica Davis? Does it ring a bell?"

Jessica. Jessica? She was Paul Davis'daughter? What a turn out, as if the girl hadn't surprised him enough already.

"We danced, nothing more",Seth growled looking the other way.

"Hey, no judgements here. If you guys are dating, I'm not going to stop you but it's safe to say that Paul Davis will make your life miserable if you do it. He hates us"

"Oh no. No. No. No, dad. We are not dating--nor am I thinking of dating her. Our relationship is purely platoni-"

Platonic? Would he call himself her friend? Ofcourse he couldn't, not after Jessica Davis had made it clear to their calculus teacher that Seth was as dangerous as his family.