16| I used you. I lied to you

You don’t deserve my image in your head. You don’t deserve my memories in your chest.
                    ~Jamie Weise

SETH

Almost forgot, Sir. Someone left this for the miss.

As he took out a chair sitting on it, he pulled out Jessica's phone from his pockets placing it on the wooden table. Apparently Mark had found Jessica's phone in her room while evacuating the hotel and since he didn't have time to come back to the village, he left it in town just incase Seth happened to visit.

Seth had Jessica's phone for two days now. He knew he should have returned it, not that it would be of any help really, but still he couldn't. Not after everything that had happened. She kissed him! And on another surprising note, Seth kissed her back.

The kiss still lingered on his lips, the same raw intensity of having her was back and he felt dumb and disgusted for wanting her so bad. And that dress she had worn earlier? He didn't even want to think about it, to think about how it affected him, to think about how he wanted to rip it off her and take a sneak peek on what undergarments she had on. Lace or cotton?

"You are a fucking moron",he scolded himself standing up so fast and pacing across the room.

That phone had revealed so much about her that whatever feelings he thought he had for her, had been replaced with disgust and hate. She was a hypocrite. All those days they had been together had all been in his head.

He once again glanced at her phone taking it for the third time today in his hands. It had been real hard to get her password but just today he had managed to get it.

Leon.

Of all the passwords she could think of, she had to use her middle name. And when he had unlocked her phone, his intuition telling him to go to the messages section, what he saw made him mad, made him feel jilted, made him see that Jessica Davis in no way was she his friend. Had she been his friend, she would have told him the truth.

He reread the messages again and again. How, what a fool he was. What a fool they had made him to be.

He went over to the stove, regardless of whether or not he hated Jessica he was still hungry and in one way or another he had to eat the food even though Jessica herself had made it.

Twenty minutes later he was still in the living room impatiently waiting for Jessica to come back home. The phrase 'don't wait up' was starting to make more sense now that he was thinking about it. What if Jessica and Manny---No! She wouldn't sleep with a guy she barely knew.

But come to think of it, hadn't she gone on a date even after she and Seth had shared a passionate kiss? How well did he know her because come few days ago, he really thought that he knew everything about Jessica Davis and now? He wasn't so sure and it irked him.

It irked him to know that one kiss had ensnared him into a bottomless pit with no chances of escape. One woman had played him for a fool and the other had downright seduced him. It was seduction, that's what it was.

Otherwise how else would he term everything happening to him everytime she was near? Waking up early just to see her sleeping, feeling giddy everytime she smiled at him, being sad everytime she was sad and wanting to be there for her whenever she felt...like crying over a dress.

The more the minutes passed, the more he felt like running mad with frustration. The frustration he had pent up ever since he learnt of the truth. He was about to retire to his ol' sleeping mat on the floor until he heard her voice.

Calm, collected and certainly happy.

"I had fun tonight",she said outside and Seth could already bet that Manny had a goofy smile on his face thinking of all the possible dates he could go on with Jessica.