11| landed on my keys

JESSICA DAVIS

JESSICA DAVIS

Everyone craved romance and by everyone, she meant women. The mind boggling sex, the sheer thrill of knowing that someone out there loved you unconditionally, the giddy feelings that came along with love, not forgetting the butterflies fluttering in one's stomach at the sight of a man who drove you crazy.

Not forgetting the dinner dates where women would be forced to wear the fanciest dress they had in their closet, purchase undergarments like thongs with the expectations that their dates would want to grab dessert later and by dessert, she meant sex. 

And the after sex? Just hours and hours of going at it with the man you loved as if you were rekindling a flame that had been burnt out. Then came the mornings, the breakfast in bed, the contoured abs being the first thing you saw and ooh the shower sex?

Women loved loved but unfortunately love was twisted.

She was a girl in love too, once. She was the silly little girl who would sit in her bed all night fantasizing about all those things and in the back of her mind, she really thought come ten years later she would experience all that.

She too had once upon a time had mind boggling sex. The one that made her toes curl, her heart beat with want and her lips beg for more than one passionate kiss. Rather love betrayed her and as she sat there like a floozy watching him walk away, she realized just how pathetic she was for falling for him once upon a time.

And what was more pathetic was that the aforementioned man was doing a number on her just by being close to her.

"Can I try one?" Manny's voice jolted her out of her thoughts.

Then without any invitation, he sat across her, his hand skimming for one of the suman she had in her basket.

"I'd be careful if I were you, they are hot",she warned him reminding herself that  Seth hadn't liked it one bit when he his fingers got burnt.

She watched as Manny took a huge chunk of it, savoring the piece in his mouth as if it were some special wine from Paris.

"Mmmh, seems like you baked them special for someone",Manny spoke with a mouthful and Jessica rolled her eyes in denial.

Please! The man she had brought these for didn't want to taste them let alone want to be seen with her. She hadn't expected anything when she brought the rice cakes along with Bea and the rest, but damn did it hurt so much when Seth gave her attitude and refused to taste her cakes.

She hadn't made them special or anything but deep down she did expect him to taste them and say they were good.

"The special someone actually didn't want them so here I am offering them up for charity",she joked and Manny scrutinized her under his gaze picking another.

"He's a fool then for not taking a bite out of these"

"I can't argue with that, now can I?"she laughed. A full hearty chuckle because it was true, Seth Cervantes was a fool.