7| because of you

JESSICA DAVIS

JESSICA DAVIS

"Consuming few calories may make the body core temperature to drop hence the shaking. She must have been feeling cold"

Her eyes struggled to open and when they did open, the light in the room made it hard to make out where she was. For a moment, she experienced temporary blindness before she could finally see everything clearly.

"Hey"

A man with the most intense blue eyes towered above her touching her cheek in the most tender way possible and she arched a brow feeling as if she had woken up to the wrong dream.

"How are you feeling?" He asked and Jessica stayed mute taking in every feature on his face.

She knew him.

He was an asshole.

"Manny?" She asked in delusion.

"The one and only",Manny smirked withdrawing his hand from her cheek.

"You two know each other?" Seth's voice boomed and only after Manny moved away from her did she get a glimpse of him.

Seth leaned against the wall, looking as irritatingly drool worthy as always. The look on his face intimidated Jessica a little bit because unlike Manny's look of concern, Seth's was more of anger and disdain.

"W-what happened?" Jessica asked seating up.

The last thing she remembered was everything dimming down and after that her mind went blank. Judging from Seth's look and Manny being in her room more so in the same hotel he seemed to hate, a lot of things had happened and she was obviously oblivious to it.

"You haven't been eating, that's what",Seth growled leaving the room in annoyance.

Jessica turned to Manny as if looking for answers.

"Well you are better, I'll be on my way",he muttered and Jessica watched as he walked across her room.

Once he was at the door, he turned around and said,

"He was not my grandpa"

"What?"

"The other day you saw me, the man with me was not my grandfather. Take care, ginger. It was nice meeting you"

Just like that, Manny left leaving her behind with a lot of questions. With a lot of straining, she got out of bed. Her head cocked to the bunch of pills on the nightstand.

"Vitamins?"

Scratching her head, she sat on the bed looking at the tiny blue shorts she had on. How long had she been unconscious? And as if the universe knew all the answers, someone knocked on her door.

"Ma'am...I mean Jessica? Can I come in?"

"Yeah",she said recognizing Ino's voice. The door knob turned as Ino dressed in his usual white polo shirt and blue shorts walked in with a tray full of breakfast.