Highschool| settle for the chunky ones

SETH

SETH

"I'm so sorry for all of--this...You didn't need to hear all that. I didn't mean to dump all my shit on you--",Tessa sniffled.

But for her, he would ditch school a million times. For her, he would gladly do anything, absolutely anything to make her woes and fears go away.

"I don't mind it at all. You needed someone to talk to so you called me. Trust me, I'm honored that I'm the first one you thought to call" He assured taking her slim hand into his.

It felt perfect. The beautiful view of the hillside and the radiance the sun threw while it set, the warm heat that engulfed their bodies not forgetting, her. Her beauty, her innocence, her smile, it all made sense.

"I--I it's just that I don't get it. Why would they want to separate now? Was it because of me? Did I do something--did I say something--did I-"

She was rambling, she was exhausted from all the sobbing and like a guy in love with her, he couldn't take a minute longer seeing her sad and seeing her blame herself for something she didn't do.

Slowly, his hand reached for her cheek. His thumb wiping away the fresh tears on her cheeks. Tessa leaned her face more into his palm, cradling it to get the peace she wanted. The little action affected him but getting a boner or wanting to kiss her wasn't what she had called him there to do.

She wanted someone who could listen to her. Someone who would understand her pain. Someone who would be there to comfort her.

"It's not your fault, Tess. Your parents' divorce can be because they don't love each other anymore or they are too busy for each other. You are not to blame, blaming yourself won't bring them together.

It's not going to be easy, I can tell you that but at the end of the day, they love you. Atleast they are trying to share custody, that's got to count for something right?" He reasoned trying to make her see the positive side of things.

Tessa on the other hand, stared at him as if what he had just said was like quoting Martin Luther himself. Her brown eyes were languid and wet, her nose was puffy but even then she smiled for him.

"Where can I get good guys like you?"she asked and he raised a brow.

"Do you come in a big sized package with the initials 'Good guy' on top?" She added and deep down Seth felt like he had won. Like he was finally winning her over.

He leaned in for a kiss. Their eyes held and for a brief moment, Seth could swear Tessa felt the same intense feeling he had. Mastering an ounce of bravery, his lips crashed into hers. She hesitated and Seth knew that the abrupt kiss would either end in two ways.

Either she pulled away and slapped him or she actually kissed him back.

It was a tender kiss, sweet and gratifyingly good. He kissed her as if he were dying. As if at any moment, the special moment would vanish into thin air. Tessa, a bit tensed at first, kIssed him back. Her hands immediately flung to his neck as he slowly lay her down on the grass.