5| fat Jessie

JESSICA DAVIS

Other girls should be jealous of you.

You are special,Jessie.

I want you.

I want us.

You are so fucking beautiful.

Nothing hurt like his memories rushing into her head as if it were just yesterday. Years of trying to forget him only for those mere words to haunt her everytime she saw him.

For the past few years, she had lied to herself ney she had lied to everyone. She wanted to hate Seth Sandoval Cervantes but in the end, it is herself she hated. She hated herself for feeling this way everytime she saw him or heard his voice.

The elevator dinged and immediately the doors parted, she walked down the hallway in a rush. She could barely contain it but it hurt. It stung so much more than it did in the past.

She leaned against the wall taking a minute to catch her breath. Her purse firmly pressed her chest as the tears fell down her cheek without refrain.

"I hate you. I hate you. I hate you!" She said relentlessly.

But why did she want to hate him? Was it the fact that he had lured her to his island? Or the fact that he called her spoilt and jealous? No, it was the fact that he couldn't remember a damn thing about how much he hurt her.

She composed herself, straightening her dress and fishing the key card from her purse. Once she got to her door, she swiped the key card against the door opening it.

The first thing she did was take her phone which rested against the nightstand in her hands. With a single touch on the screen she pressed on Mars' number.

Sorry the mobile subscri-

"Damn it!" She tried again and again to the point that her hands shook unbelievably.

It was bad enough that she felt awry but the fact that no one picked her calls alarmed her. She turned to the closet and without thinking things through, she started to pack.

It was a mistake coming to the island, she thought. She threw a bunch of clothes one at a time into her suitcases which were on the bed. In a rush, she discarded her gown going for a light 'I ♡ New York' shirt and a pair of ripped jeans.

"Ma'am", someone called her from behind nearly making her jump out of fright.

She turned around, wiping her tears so fast as she watched the woman in the black and white maid uniform eye her in the most suspicious manner.

"I know he is your boss but I need your help",Jessica started.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. I truly am",the maid said shaking her head sideways as if she had been forced to do something.

Before Jessica could walk from the edge of the bed towards her and possibly borrow a phone or ask for a way out of Seth's hotel, the maid quickly touched the knob closing the door.

The very instant Jessica heard the door lock click, she knew what exactly the maid had done.

"Hey! Hey! Open this fucking door! You can't lock me in here! Help! Help! Can someone hear me? Help!" She pounded on the door for the last ten minutes or so until her body gave up.

"I'm so stupid...I should have known!" She badgered slowly sliding against the door to the carpeted floor.

With her head in her hands, she tried to think. To think of a way out of the sticky situation she was in. Seth Cervantes was obviously adamant in them talking for reasons she couldn't understand and she didn't want to overthink about.