14| you have me

SETH

SETH

'You and Paul Davis'daughter? That was a stupid move, even for you, kiddo'

'Can we focus on the issue at hand, please?'

'I'm trying to but that's hard. Wait until Liz hears about this-Liz! Liz!--'

'No. Uncle Kev, don't give her the phone--' Seth groaned running his hands through his hair tiredly.

'Seth? Seth, is that you?'

And ofcourse, his uncle Kevin conveniently called his aunt even after he had told him not to.

'Hey Liz. How are the kids doing?'

'Don't bring up the kids to cover up your shenanigans. You kidnapped Jessica Davis? Her father is going to murder you!' his aunt Elizabeth screeched and his uncle conveniently added,

'I said the same thing'

'Look I didn't kidnap her. I gave her the choice of leaving but she chose to stay. Can you give the phone back to Uncle Kev?'

'What do you mean she chose to stay? You too are worse than a couple of wild cats and dogs and knowing you, you've probably been rude to the poor girl. Give her the phone, I want to talk to her'

'She's not here but I promise she's around and...safe'

He could already read her expression from the silence that had gone on for one minute. That's just how well he knew his aunt.

'She better be safe and you better be on your way home. Things back here are heated. Tessa visited and she wasn't the only guest we had these past few weeks'

And his heart beat at the mention of Tessa. If she had been looking for him, did that mean she missed him? That she wanted to get back together? Did he want to be together with her again? Ofcourse, it was a stupid question to ask when all he had wanted since day one was to get back his Tessa.

'Who else came by?'

'Marshall Davis and guess who he was looking for? I'm telling you, Seth, whatever's happening there. Take care of her and remember, next time your girlfriend breaks your heart there are better ways of mending it other than kidnapping her bestfriend'

'I didn't--you know what--just pass the phone to him. Yeah yeah. I love you too, Liz. Greet the kids for me'

'She's pissed at you and I'm pretty sure your parents will be. So about the man. What's his name again?'

'Danny Legaspi. Find as much as dirt as you can on him, I'll sue his ass once I come back. The architects too, I need them. Food aid too doesn't sound that bad. Hey, I'm counting on you. And about dad--"

'Don't tell your dad, ofcourse. And hey when you come back, let's grab a beer and you can tell me about this little adventure with Ms Davis'

'Ooh it's far from being an adventure but I can't refuse free beer, can I? See you soon'