Highschool| sink or swim together,Jabari

JABARI

JABARI

"What happened to her? She hasn't spoken a word to me since--since Tessa's party!" Mars said looking at Jabari as if he had the answers he was looking for.

"I don't know. You know how girls are at times. Maybe it's her time of her month",Jabari lied.

"Cut the crap! She had her periods last week and you know it. Are you hiding something from me? Did something happen to her? Did he do something again?" Mars raged as both guys stared at a grinning Seth.

"Hey girls less gossip, more practice! Get your asses back in the field!" Their coach, Finley, whistled and with no choice they both ran to the field where the rest of their teammates warmed up.

A few months from now, they would be playing the playoffs. And the playoffs meant the world to Westshire High considering the fact that it had the most championships to be recorded in LA let alone California.

For Jabari, the playoffs meant everything to his dad and although Jabari tried to put his head in the game, he simply couldn't. Not after everything that had transpired at Tessa's party three weeks ago.

"Rashford! Hey Rashford, I think your friend isn't feeling too good",Tessa had said drawing him from the hose pipe that shot tons and tons of hoka in the pool.

Jessica had been behind Tessa, her hair all over the place, her skin pale, damn there was even blood at the left corner of her mouth. Hurriedly, Jabari swam towards the edge of the pool. Getting out of the pool, he shot a suspicious look at Tessa then his eyes shifted to Jessica who had remained so quiet.

"You should take her home",Tessa hinted and Jabari picked up a towel drying himself.

It was how Jessica looked and how Tessa seemed chill about the whole thing that scared him. What had Tessa done to Jessica? With a smile and an all too well look of 'you should thank me', Tessa left.

"Lee. What happ--"

Before the words could escape his mouth, Jessica lunged onto his chest holding him like she needed saving. He was a bit taken aback but nonetheless he hugged her.

"Take me far--take me far from here",she sobbed intensely.

"Yo, fat Jessie!" Brent shouted from the pool making the other guys around him to burst out in laughter.

"Shut up, Brent!"

"Come on man. Don't tell me you are going to miss out on this for her",Brent taunted raising his half lit blunt in the air.

Jessica parted from him wiping her tears with the back of her palms.

"I--don't worry--i'm fine",she hiccuped and Jabari frowned knowing very well she wasn't fine.

"No you are not. We are going home",he affirmed taking his belongings from a nearby pool chair while holding tight onto Jessica's wrist.

"Anywhere. Anywhere but home", Jessica had said, glancing outside Jabari's car.