25| you are drunk

JESSICA DAVIS

JESSICA DAVIS

She was in his arms, gripping his lush brown hair as Jace worked his tongue on her womanhood without mercy. Lolling her head back against the wall of the shower cabinet they were in, Jace gripped the outline of her hips, her legs on his naked shoulders.

She could feel his tongue flick her clit, she could feel his wetness evade her throbbing center and when he sucked her into his hot warm mouth she pushed his head the more. He was doing a great job, a great job but she couldn't help it when her mind traveled to someone.

She couldn't help it thinking about Seth even while Jace and she made love on his bed minutes ago. She couldn't help replacing Jace's face with Seth's every time they kissed or had fifteen-minute sex or even had quickies like they were doing now.

"I respect you a lot, Jessica. I may not know what the boss did to you but what you did today was not cool", Ryan had said giving her a nasty glare during lunch break right after Seth had left for Texas.

She had been too upset wondering how someone like Ryan. Sweet nerdy Ryan would defend Seth Cervantes. Sure he was his boss but that didn't mean he had to like him, right?

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have acted in haste by calling Mr. Jones but you have to understand why I did it. Come on, he was going to demolish that hotel without the old man knowing. The contract says the old man wants the hotel intact even after Seth buys the land where it stands from him. Why did Seth change the contract and why would he put that little clause in there without Mr. Jones' knowledge?"

"He had his reasons", Ryan had said scoffing at her words.

"Yeah? It's more like being greedy and selfish. It's what he does and I don't care whether he fires me but he is a conniving bastard, Ryan!"

"Did you ask him why he did that?" Ryan had asked giving her a sharp look.

"He'd lie straight to my face"

Seating next to her on the hard plastic bench in the cafeteria at Cervantes Corp, Ryan patted her shoulder his head moving side to side in disapproval.

"He's been eyeing that land for years, Jessica. And when he got it, he'd made plans to make the hotel a museum or something of the sort but that was before his grandmother fell sick"

Debra Cervantes, sick?

"He'd taken his grandma on a stroll when she fainted in his arms. Do you know what the doctors said? She has ovarian cancer, Jessica. That was a year ago. He wants the land for her, he wants to demolish that hotel and build her a cabin there because that's where his grandparents fell in love", Ryan had said and she, on the other hand, felt a huge lump clog her throat.

It was guilt.

"I...I didn't know...Debra Cervantes always looks healthy...on the magazines and-"