39| broccoli and peas!

JESSICA DAVIS

JESSICA DAVIS

"No one knows she's pregnant, that's safe for me"

His guttural voice shook his Adam's apple as he spoke.

"The mansion in far east is the safest place I know. Bulletproof windows, CCTVs, alarms and passcodes. You know the drill"

His eyes had adopted a rather fierce grey than the last time she remembered and goodness that excited her.

"If I'll need a security detail, I'll call you. Less people in the house, the more assured I am she is safe"

He cared about her. Two months later and he still cared about her.

But then the words she'd said to him months ago were the same words he said to her minutes ago.

He didn't want her.

He didn't love her.

The only reason he was tolerating her was because of their child and she didn't know whether to cry or cry harder at the situation.

"I can't change my routine, he'll definitely know something's up. Cervantes Co is safe, don't worry"

She hypothetically believed him. Supposing there was a murderer or some lunatic after him, was he going to dump her in some place while he stayed and slept in Cervantes Co? And why drag her all the way there, when she herself could take care of herself.

No one would have to know that the baby was Seth's though thinking about it, everyone would know it was his. The videos of them in Cancun were enough to prove that they had more than a lot of time to make a baby.

She was caught in a conundrum. Either make a fuss and demand to go home or listen to him, go live wherever it was he was taking her and protect her baby.

He hung up the phone. His eyes glued straight ahead, she stared. She more than stared, she ogled. The man seated next to her had changed a whole lot.

Having the same cologne didn't hide the fact, that he was different. Different in his demeanor, his body language hell he had grown a stubble, something that she didn't think she'd like but she did.

Her eyes glided over his strong features. His eyes, his perfectly sculptured nose, his lips which were now drawn into a thin line and that powerful jaw that made him him. That made him handsome.

"Staring at me won't change the fact that you kept something this big away from me", he spoke suddenly and she cocked her head to the front pretending to be looking at the trees and vehicles that moved at an excruciatingly high speed.

"Who said I kept it away from you?" She retorted knowing she was treading on dangerously thin ice.

"Are you seriously asking me that?" He exhaled through gritted teeth barely sparing her a glance.