6| doctor from the village

SETH

SETH

"Jessica?" He called her the very instant he saw color drain from her cheeks and her tumble backwards faintly.

In a dash, he walked around the queen sized bed taking her in his arms before she fell and possibly wrung her neck against the wooden black cabinet next to her.

He gently placed her on the bed being careful not to knock the tray of food at the edge of the bed.

"Hey! Hey!Jessica, don't do this to me. I know you are fine so come on. Cut the drama",he tapped her cheeks lightly and when that didn't work, he placed his hand against her cheek then to her forehead.

"Shit! You are burning up",he exclaimed running his hands in his hair desperately.

He heaved and sighed watching an unconscious Jessica on the bed. The last time he had seen an unconscious body it had really ended badly mainly because he had freaked out and he had no idea of what to do.

On the bright side, Jessica wasn't bleeding or anything. God knew, if Seth saw blood he would literally lose it. He had never been so scared in his life like he was with blood something that begun with him finding an unconscious bloody Uncle Kevin on the ground. Not knowing whether he was alive or dead.

"Uh-okay. She's breathing, that's a good sign",he said getting off the bed.

Within a whisker, he was out of the room sending a maid to Jessica's room to check up on her.

"We need a doctor!" He growled at a busy Mark who was standing by the lobby.

"Sir?"

"She's not okay, we need a doctor right now",Seth added his thoughts running back to an unconscious Jessica.

Her glowing skin had adopted a rather pale porcelain like state and he felt mortified thinking that she might have already been dead the very instant he left her room.

"Sir it will take days for us to call a doctor from town. It's a day's journey",Mark said dismissing the nosy maids who had already picked up that something was definitely not right.

Seth had never been one to look like he wasn't in control but at the moment, he was scared. Scared that if something happened to Jessica Davis not only would he lose Tessa, Paul Davis would ruin his life for sure.

It was rather cold on his side not to think about Jessica's well being, but had she listened to him and ate something last night or atleast talked to him, things wouldn't have gone the way they were now.

"Then find another way, what if she doesn't--"

And before he could finish the statement, the maid he had sent to Jessica's room came running with a wet rag in her hands.

"She's shaking, the fever isn't going down and....Sir! We need to do something",the maid cried and Seth felt guilty.

"Unless",Mark started horrifyingly.