Highschool| Do you trust me?

JESSICA DAVIS

JESSICA DAVIS

Aah, another episode of this thing called love. Love. Love. Love. Saying it many times in her head didn't make it sound better. Her love wasn't strong or passionate like that found in Mexican telenovelas between some swooning cowboy called Alejandro and a gorgeous fiery damsel called Camilla. Hell her love wasn't like that of Jack and Rose from the Titanic where Jack would have willingly done anything for his Rose.

No, her love was unrequited and more importantly naive. You know the dictionary defined naive as having lack of experience, skill, judgement or wisdom. In her case, naive was being straightforwardly dumb by running towards the one guy she shouldn't have been near.

Just outside Cameron's bedroom and down the stairs, was a massive party. The DJ played something between the lines of Pharell Williams and the Backstreet boys. Jessica had to do a lot of meandering to get upstairs. A-without being noticed and B-more importantly, without being touched.

She blinked twice, then thrice before staring at the guy seated on the bed infront of her.

He looked terrible and although she should have been happy about it, her heart lunged for him.

"What happened?" She asked which was silly to ask given the urgency of his voice when he called her.

He must have been going through a lot since the news about his mother's resurrection hit the whole of LA.

"Y--you know, same old fights with your boyfriend. Nothing much",he said scornfully barely taking a look at her.

Jessica crossed her hands on her chest, her eyes assessing him. His knuckles were red, not forgetting about the small cut on his forehead that oozed blood to his left brow. In his own fucked up way, Jessica understood what he was going through and she understood that he needed someone.

As manipulative as it was from him, she thanked God that it was her he called. That it was her he thought about talking to on his problems. That it was her, he felt the need to be vulnerable to.

"You shouldn't be picking fights. Not while you are like this", Jessica pointed out and Seth raised his head.

His grey eyes peered into hers and although she was the one standing, ironically she felt intimidated. After months and months of trying to forget him, trying to move on, one gaze from him and her heart beat faster than an old locomotive engine.

"So I'm right",he laughed lowly,"Jabari Rashford is your boyfriend now"

It was the way he termed it that made her rage start to ignite slowly. It was the way he seemed hurt that scathed her. He never cared about her, he never even once had feelings for her so why ask her about Jabari? Why pretend like he was hurting at the thought of Jabari and her together?

God, that sounded so gross but she actually wished it was true. She wished that instead of the jerk she loved, that she loved Jabari instead.

"What if he is? Seth, you stopped being part of my life a long time ago. My business is my business",she said proudly.