26| I can't do this

SETH

SETH

"I leave you for one week and this happens", he scoffed carrying her up the stairs of his penthouse. 

Taking her home was the right thing to do but not today. He already knew she was living with her boyfriend and there was no way in hell he would call him up to take her home. He was still mad at her. Mad at himself more for thinking that staying away from her would erase his feelings for her.

A week away in Texas and that did nothing to him. He was still madly in love with her. Oh yes! It was love. Because she appeared in his dreams. Because he couldn't go on a day without thinking about her. Because his body instantly reacted to the thought of him and Jessica together in a bed doing everything he yearned to do to her.

And today? When his college friend Madison had insisted on visiting some art display of the sort, he'd jumped on the idea rather than going back to the office and finding Jessica there. And there she was as if fate had put her in his path.

The dress she had on revealed her flawless skin on the back. The end of the dress dipped near her buttocks and he felt bad knowing that Jack, or whatever his name was, owned that. That Jack would get a sneak peek of her and not him. 

He was jealous without a doubt but he had to remind himself that Jessica wasn't some property he'd easily claim. He had to win her over even though that seemed futile and next to impossible.

"Faster. Faster horsie!" She grumbled hitting the sides of his legs as he took precise steps up the stairs. For some reason, he chuckled. Chuckled hard as Jessie continued to say 'giddy up

"You should drink more. I like you more when you are drunk", he whispered stepping foot down the hall that occupied two guestrooms and his bedroom. With Jessie on his back, he opened the door to the main guestroom switching on the lights. He heard her grunt with displeasure nevertheless he ventured onto the bed, untangling her hands from his neck and putting her down.

Her emerald eyes stared back at him with pity, her lips pouted and her forehead creased in a way that told him she wanted to stay on his back a little more.

"Stay", he ordered and she nodded seating on the bed like a kid waiting for a present.

With a few strides, he neared the closet glancing at his old office shirts and picking one out of the lot.

"Wear this", he said placing the shirt next to her on the bed," it's more comfortable than the dress", he added turning around and heading for the door.

"You are not helping?" She whined and he smirked. The last time, he'd helped her get out of a dress, they ended up kissing under the shower. A kiss that had him wanting to bend her over and do unspeakable things to her till she couldn't walk. He couldn't take advantage of her. Not when she wasn't in the right mind at least. If he was going to kiss her, he'd do it right this time.