Highschool| They'll kick me out

JESSICA DAVIS

'Hi Lee. I know we promised not to do this to each other but...here we are. I'm guessing you've visited mom today with the hopes of finding me home. I'm also guessing that you have a lot of questions on what's going on.

I'm a coward, Jessica. I--I couldn't face you and tell you about Spain. I couldn't--because God...can you imagine how devastated you would be? Leon we've been together since pre-kay, we've been each other's support and now?

Now that we are both grown up, it's time we went our separate ways. I'll always love you, that'll never change but it's time I started thinking about myself. About my career and who I want to be in the near future.

By the time you get this, I'll have already reached Madrid. Now look at me, Lee. Look at me. You are going to be fine. You are tough and stronger than I could ever be and don't let anyone make you feel otherwise.

You'll survive. You'll survive a whole lot without me'

The video paused and Jessica turned to Jabari's mother, Gwen, who had stood behind her the whole time Jabari's video played. She almost choked on her tears at the thought that Jabari had left. At the thought that Jabari had left her all alone.

She was to blame.

She had been caught up in Seth's haze to have noticed her bestfriend. She had been so focused on getting Seth Cervantes to remember the passionate night they shared that she actually forgot that Jabari existed. If she had known earlier maybe then she would have stopped him. She would have stopped Jabari from leaving for Spain.

Her tears choked her as she lamented. Gwen's mother was right behind her to cuddle her but that wouldn't change anything. It wouldn't change the fact that Jabari had left and that her life had hit rock bottom.

"W--why didn't he tell me?" She hiccupped.

"Because he knew you would stop him",Gwen replied.

"I--i'm not going to be okay. I--I can't deal with everything without him. He--he's the only guy who understands me. Call him! Do everything to bring him back! Do everything to bring him--" she cried the more, her eyes hurting and her body feeling weak.

For the past month, that was all she had been doing. Crying over her heartbreak, crying some more over her gullibility with Seth and crying again over the fact that Seth pretended that nothing happened between them at Cameron's party.

For one month, she had forgotten about Jabari and for that one month, she had lost everything with a snap of a finger.

"You know we can't do that sweetie. He already made his decision"

"What sort of decision is this? He left without--asking me if I'd be okay. He--he was selfish!" She shouted and the immediate moment she did, the food that she had earlier munched on made it's way back to her mouth.

Like a gazelle running for dear life, she excused herself running to the bathroom. For the past week now she had been visiting the toilet bowl more regularly than someone with diarrhoea. She puked her guts out feeling someone behind her pull her hair out of the way for her.

When she was done and after she had washed up, she knew there was no way she would be able to keep her two day secret from Gwendaline Rashford.

"How long is it?" Gwen asked and Jessica's voice caught in her throat.

She didn't know how long it had been given the fact that she had only found out two days ago that she was pregnant.

"Days? A week?",she sniffled,"I don't know. I--I messed up and I don't know what to do. My-my parents can't find out. They can't, please",she pleaded and Gwen gave her a discerning look before urging her to sit down.