(7) Love Thy Neighbor

Two days later,

For the first time in his life Bucky was attending church with Aurelia and her family. They put baby JJ in between them. 

The music director opened the church ceremony with the song "Covenant Worship" by Dwell. Aurelia stepped up on the stage to sing "Hold On To Me" and "Trust In You" by Lauren Daigle. 

Two other members of the choir, sang "A Heart That Forgives" and "In The Sanctuary" by Kurt Carr. 

Lettie Wong one of Aurelia's best friends walked up on stage and sang "My Jesus" by Anne Wilson. 

The pastor said a prayer before beginning the sermon, "I titled this sermon Love Thy Neighbor." he said as he opened his bible. He read from the following scriptures. 

Leviticus 19:17-18
"You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him. You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.

1 John 3:15
Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

Proverbs 10:12
Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses.

1 John 4:20
If anyone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.

John 13:34-35
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

Bucky started to feel the guilt rising in his soul and in his heart. The last song that a choir member sang was "You're Not Alone." By Meredith Andrews. After service he joined her and her family for dinner and helped Aurelia with the potato salad. 

That night after everyone went to bed, Bucky laid there in the dark of the bedroom and prayed to God and asked him for forgiveness and vows to start being nicer. 

The next day Bucky begins to get know Aurelia, and in her bedroom he sees all her honor roll trophies, volleyball and basketball trophies. 

"Do you want to play Madden or NBA?" She said as she takes him to her basement. 

"You like videogames?" He said 

"I do, and I take kickboxing classes so I can kick your butt and I like cars, and sports and cooking." She said

"Wow." He said

"I play golf with my daddy, cook with mama and basketball with my brothers." She said 

"You all do alot of stuff together?" He asked 

"Yup, we have a family game night, family movie night and have dinner together every night." She said 

Bucky looked down, his family was the complete opposite and he would love to have family time instead its all about business and work. While they play their game he learns more stuff about her like what a bonnet is and that she sings in the church choir.