Chapter 3: Fate's Unchanged

A couple of weeks pass from that point. I know there is another part of the story line coming up, and I have spent all four years here trying to think of a way to change it, but can't think of one that works. For one of my main problems, I don't know when it will happen. I just know that eventually, Lady Hinata will be kidnapped, and our father will be sent to die in her father's place. I love our father very much, and want to prevent it, and the only thing I can think of is to either hide Hinata away, let her get kidnapped, or try and guilt our father to not sacrificing himself. The first plan is too difficult, because I don't know when she will be taken and am not allowed in the main family's home. The second plan is too evil, I have no grudge against Hinata, and I wouldn't know how to prevent her father from killing her kidnapper anyway. That leaves me only trying to guilt our father, but I can feel it, deep down, that I know that will not work.

"Harder." Hiashi calls out to Hinata, who struggles to get back up after her last attack missed. Neji, father and I are currently watching Lady Hinata be trained by her father. I observe that her form is timid and hesitant, and she is not using much force in her attacks. Her body seems frail and weak when I compare it to my own or Neji's.

"Listen, Neji, Ami. Lady Hinata of the main family..." Our fathers starts to tell us both quietly, "You will have to protect her and the Hyuga blood." He finishes firmly, a slight tone of bitterness. He has been getting more and more angry and bitter over the last few weeks. He hides it well, but I have caught him giving our foreheads dark glares ever since our curse was placed there.

"Yes, father." Neji and I both reply dutifully.

"Your footwork is poor!" Hiashi calls out to his daughter as we turn our attention to the match.

Suddenly, Hiashi takes a defensive position in front of Hinata and does a hand symbol, then our father is screaming in agony on the floor.

"Father!! What's wrong!?" Neji and I both shout out, getting up and going to his body, unsure if whether or not to touch him. My eyes flick back and forth between Hiashi and our father, and notice that he is the one harming our father.

"My head!" Dad yells out in pain, ripping his headband off. We can see his curse mark glowing brightly as he clutches at his head.

"Father!" We call out again desperately, trying to help. I start to feel a rage growing in me as I turn to glare at the family head.

"Stop it!" I call out at him angrily, taking a step towards him. Hiashi turns his glare to me, and instantly I feel a pain shoot sharply through my own head. I scream out too, the pain lasting a moment before Hiashi drops the technique, his expression looking almost surprised for a brief moment before returning to stern while I rip the bandages off my head, clutching at my forehead. My whole body is tired and my head is still in pain, but at least not the blinding pain of the curse seal anymore as I feel tears in my eyes.

"Leave." Hiashi says firmly to us, "I will forgive your foolishness no longer. You mustn't forget your duty nor your place."

Neji comes to me, shaking in anger as tears flow down his face. His eyes are full of concern when he takes my hand as Hiashi and Hinata leave the room. Our father slowly sits back up, his eyes full of regret. When he looks at me, with tears of pain still in my eyes from the curse and my hand on my forehead, his eyes grow full of anger and he seethes as he slowly stands back up.

 When he looks at me, with tears of pain still in my eyes from the curse and my hand on my forehead, his eyes grow full of anger and he seethes as he slowly stands back up