Chapter 31: Hidan

"I will be sending out multiple search parties to find these Akatsuki members. Everyone will mobilize tomorrow. Get what you need to prepare" Tsunade says to me a few days later.

"I'll go check in on Naruto's training before I go. Pull Jiraiya back home soon from his scouting, he will need to take Naruto to the toad mountain soon for sage training. And remember, do not allow Jiraiya to enter the Rain village for any reason. Input the extra intel I gave you into the platoons data so everyone has it. I don't know exactly where the two immortals will be." I remind the Hokage before taking my leave.

I arrive at Naruto's training site, where a huge cliff has been formed with a flowing waterfall. Yamato seriously has some crazy strong jutsu's at his disposal. 

"What is he working on now?" I ask Kakashi quietly as I walk up to him from where he's 'supervising' Naruto's training. He's actually just laid out reading his book like usual.

"He's using his wind to cut the waterfall now. He's almost got it now." He says, and I look again at the 50 or so Naruto clones pressing into the water.

"He has such incredible amounts of chakra. Think he could use a little motivation?" I smirk up at Kakashi, who hums in agreement.

"Naruto, dispel your clones and come down here a moment." Kakashi calls out to the boy. Naruto does as he's told and comes down to us quickly.

"Ami, what are you doing here?" Naruto asks me curiously. "I'm in the middle of training." He grumbles out.

"I can see that." I observe sarcastically. "I figured you could use a little motivation." I grin at him, then jump up to his tree platform he had just left. I turn and call down to him. "Your goal is to cut the waterfall, right? I may not have your insane reserves of chakra, but I do have the experience. Just watch!" I then place my hands out towards the waterfall, and picture a long wind blade in my mind. I channel my chakra, and slice the entire waterfall in half.

"That was amazing!" Naruto yells as I jump back down to join him. "You didn't even use clones."

"I pictured a long sword, basically." I shrug to him. Even Kakashi and Yamato look shocked at what I just did. "Listen, Naruto, do you remember when I was there training the rasengan with you?"

"You were?" Naruto asks, and I hit him on the head.

"Yes, idiot. I was literally there the entire time. I even practiced the first two steps with you." I say bitterly to him. How could he forget?

"Oh yeah! I remember now." He says nervously, clearly lying.

"I swear..." I sigh out, then move on. "Ok, well if you remember, I was the one who told you back then about adding a second hand to move the chakra in different ways. It worked well for the training, and we both moved on to the rubber balls. Do you remember why I stopped learning?" I ask, and he looks away sheepishly. "I stopped because I got cocky and tried to add wind nature chakra at that stage. I sliced my hands so badly I had to stop the training." I say, unwrapping my constantly wrapped right hand and showing him the old scars I had gotten. His eyes widen in shock from it. "You burnt your hands, but your nine tails chakra healed them almost instantly. Wind, however, is much more dangerous than just extra chakra. If you advance your training further, and incorporate the wind into your regular moves, you have to be careful to contain the wind and not let it blow back to you. Make three clones for me please." I demand nicely of him, and he complies in confusion and makes the clones.

"Ok, I'm going to cut this one with just wind chakra, just like I did to that waterfall just now." I say, going to the first clone and slicing it in half. "This one, I'm going to cut with wind chakra that's uncontained, like when we were training as kids." I move to the next clone, and put a lot of force into a wind attack instead of precision. "See the difference? My attack was less precise, but more powerful and dangerous. If I had let that hit myself or my comrades, it would have caused severe permanent damage."