Chapter 9: Proving My Worth

Over the next couple of months, Team Guy continues to focus on training. Sensei tells us he wants us excessively prepared before trying the Chuunin exams, that's why we are waiting, despite being qualified. I'm fine with that, it puts us in the exams with the main characters/my friends. Neji was put out for a while until I managed to convince him that we will be the best by a landslide this way, and he calmed down.

I did meet up with Asuma every week since then until I got the hang of it fully, unless he had a longer mission or I did. I learned how to channel my chakra into the arrows from the base of the arrow instead of just the arrowhead. That was a lot of very painful lessons, because the sharp tiny arrowheads would stab me often when they went flying if I lost control. None of them were bad wounds thankfully, but I was often getting wrapped up by someone on the team.

I did manage to master the 64 palms technique, and Neji and I both have almost completely mastered the Rotation defense. The biggest challenge with that one is chakra stamina, since it uses so much there are only so many times each day we can practice it. I have been working on increasing my overall speed since it seems to be one of my greatest strengths. Lee has improved in leaps and bounds too, his speed ended up rivaling my own after six months of Guy Sensei's training. I know he'll pass me soon in that regards.

I did make an attempt with the third Hokage to learn the Flying Thunder God technique. It wasn't an immediate no, and after a long lecture, he put down that he will consider it once I'm a Jonin to be allowed to learn. It's better than nothing, but I may not be patient enough to wait that long. For now, I'm just focusing on getting through the training for the Chuunin exams, I will worry about the transporting technique later. Worst comes to worse, the second and fourth created the technique themselves, I could do the same.

After having the bow for a total of nine months, and right before my younger friends are all graduating, I finally made my trip to the blacksmith. I brought Neji along as well since he loves watching me arrogantly show off. I may be secretive about my bow, but I'm certainly not shy about it. I worked very hard to become essentially a sniper assassin with it.

"I'm back." I say to the smith as I enter, a smirk on my mouth. "I've come to prove my worth to you with the bow."

"It hasn't even been a year. You think you're already worthy?" He asks in a condescending tone. I glance at my twin and watch him smirk as well, he knows what's coming.

"Yes, sir. Where would you like me to prove it? Certainly not in here, I'll destroy everything." I sweetly say, looking around.

"Alright then, tomorrow, the gorge out by the south side of the village, in the forest. Meet there before sunset, I will have a target set up for you. Meet on top of the cliff." He orders me firmly.

"You got it!" I say cheerily before Neji and I bow respectfully but with a small smirk still tugging at our lips. We leave and go home, resting after we spar a bit more for the night.

Lee and Guy Sensei happily decide to join me as well in my demonstration the next day, so we all head to the cliffs together after training. We haven't had any missions after getting back from an almost month long C rank escort mission, of which thankfully we all had time to train during.

"Alright little lady," The smith says, and I irk slightly in irritation at the reference. "The target is set up one kilometer down the gorge. Should be easy for a master of the bow." He sneers at me.

I activate my eyes and ready my bow, finding my target. One kilometer is not outside the range of what I have been practicing. I search around and find the target, it's a decorative ANBU half mask inside of a standard paper bullseye target. The only problem is, it's taped to the back of a giant boulder, a boulder that is in between myself and my target. The only option would be to somehow get the arrow to turn around and double back to land on the mask. Which is both impossible, and not what I'm going to do. I smirk again as I take my aim, channeling my chakra into the arrow. I let it loose, and we all hear the resounding explosion of my arrow drilling straight through the boulder.