Chapter 15: Shirotsu

The crowd was impatiently yelling for the next match when I rejoined Shikamaru. The proctor announced that Sasuke's match would be moved to the end, so he called for the next one. Kankuro withdrew, letting Shino win. The crowd got even more mad, and I walked down the stairs, knowing what's next. As the proctor called for the next one, I was already heading along the stadium floor. Shirotsu jumped down from his spot, and walked a bit behind me.

"Next match is Ami Hyuga versus Shirotsu Aburame." Hayate called out. "Begin!"

"You are at a disadvantage. Your twin just fought, showing everyone your moves." Shirotsu taunts me and I just stare at him bored. "Plus I've seen you fight in the preliminaries. You are a close range fighter, deadly in both speed and precision. So it's simple to beat you!" He calls out in a deep voice and jumps away.

I smirk at him, and take it one step further. I back away to the farthest corner of the stage. He starts to spread his bugs out, I can see them floating like a cloud towards me. I take out my fans and open them, blades extended, and brace one leg back against the wall. I may have created that one explosion as a decoy two nights ago, but it served an impressive purpose when I saw the pure destruction from it. So, when his bugs were about halfway through the stadium, I combined both fans and launched out the huge explosion attack, just on a smaller scale than I did in the woods.

"I hope those little bugs weren't your friends." I taunt as the huge cluster of bugs gets sliced to pieces from my wind. Shirotsu had managed to hide behind a tree once my attack reached him, so he got away relatively unscathed, only scrapes from the debris having hit him. I activate my eyes, and I can see him panting hard. He still has more bugs in him, but not that many anymore.

Shirotsu creates a bug clone and sends his real body underground. My eyes catch it easily so I keep an on his real self as his clone runs out to catch my attention. His real body isn't moving and doesn't leave the underground area, he's trying to lure me into a trap with his clone. I take my bow and load it as I jump high into the air. I load an arrow with wind chakra and send it like a missile into the ground where his real body is. I purposely have the arrow fly directly through his clone, the micro blades of wind on the arrow destroying the bugs.

"She only hit a clone." I hear people say from the audience and I smirk. Right after, everyone can see Shirotsu climbing out of the destroyed crater my arrow had struck him at. I didn't aim to severely harm him or anything, but he did get hit lightly on his side with the arrow, and his cover was blown.

"Forfeit now or die." I call out. I aim for a non-lethal spot, there's no need to cause long term harm or to kill him, he's done me no wrong.

"I'm not done yet." Shirotsu says boldly. I use my eyes to search around, and make my way away from the edges of the stadium. I put my bow away as I spot more bugs being called to him from far away. That's an annoying skill, he seems to have some type of beacon ability. In almost an instant, I'm surrounded from all angles by hordes of bugs, and it's like I'm in my own worst nightmare.

I take my fans again, blades out and use the Rotation technique, only with my own special twist. Instead of just creating the ultimate defense, the wind nature with it creates a large dome tornado. Arcs of razor sharp wind extend out like scythes from my dome, annihilating every bug and cutting down the trees. I reign it in when I get dangerously close to the audience, and notice the first few rows ducking down. May have put too much into that attack. I look around for Shirotsu, who went underground during my attack and is advancing towards me. He seems to plan to attack me the same way Naruto did to Neji, so I let him.

I stored my fans in my sleeves and took my stance. Shirotsu jumped out of the ground, and I angled myself to look like I took the hit, but just jumped in a backflip, pounced down, and then rapidly began the eight trigram 64 palm strike attack.