Chapter 22: Assassin

~ time skip, 1 year after Sasuke left village~

I finally have reached a point where I cannot make plans on my own anymore. There are certain events I can't plot a way around. I thought for months about it, and decided on two people to tell my truth to. So, I set up a meeting with them. It had to be somewhere discreet, where no one could overhear, so I made it be in the gorge where I had earned my fans, by the waterfall so it can drown out our voices.

"Thank you for meeting me here. I realize my request was cryptic, but I needed privacy before I told you." I tell them both.

"What is this about, Ami?" Tsunade asks me seriously.

"No one can hear us. We made sure of it, like you requested." Kakashi says. On the safe side, I activate my eyes. I now have the longest range of vision a Hyuga has, at around 20 kilometers, but I know I can improve it even more in time. I'm only 15, I still have room to improve and grow.

"Good." I say, not seeing anyone around us in the immediate area. "I am going to tell you both a hard truth. It will benefit the village greatly, but you will both see me differently. It's a risk, but I have hit a wall and will need help in the near future, so I am telling you. I just need your absolute word that what I say be taken seriously, and never be repeated." I tell them seriously, looking them dead in the eye.

"I agree." They both reply seriously.

And so, I told them. I told them about being resurrected, about Death, and about the story plot. When they finally calmed down and I could see they believed me, I went on to explain everything I could remember about the Shippuden series of events. I made a few demands, including that I will be on any mission where Asuma and Shikamaru go to a temple, absolutely without question. 

I also requested I receive more training, since I feel like I've hit a plateau, on a specialized method so I can be stronger. Kakashi agreed to make me as his direct apprentice, since his whole team is off studying under the Sannin. He vowed to train me rigorously, and I told him to not hold back. Tsunade put us as a two man squad, and we were to specialize in assassination missions. It tied in best to my other demand, which was for knowledge. 

I needed to know more about reanimation, but I can't learn more in the village. Assassination missions send us out far and wide, and usually to heavily secured places with valuable information. Our team would be secret, and our missions classified. I requested it that way, not wanting Neji to worry about me on dangerous missions. Kakashi and I were basically going to become ANBU, and we even wore masks too. Tsunade offered me one, but I chose to wear the one I took from the blacksmith years ago, the fox half mask. It meant more to me anyway, it was when I earned my fans, and earned respect.

"Kakashi, there is something more, that you specifically need to know. And it will not be easy to hear, so I saved it until the end." I say after getting the bulk of the information out. We've been here for hours, them asking questions as I explained. "It's about a member of the Akatsuki, Tobi. He is not really Tobi, nor is he Madara Uchiha like he will claim to be when he declares war on the five nations. He is actually... He's Obito Uchiha."

"What?! That's impossible, I watched him die." He disagrees with me immediately.

"You watched him get crushed, yes, but his body was found and saved by Zetsu and the real Madara, who was alive still. Obito was saved, his body fused to a Zetsu and he learned to live again. However, before he was done healing, he witnessed something awful that made him snap and go crazy and vindictive." I look him dead in the eye, "He was there when you put your Chidori through Rin's heart."

"No..." he breaths out in disbelief.

"Yes. And he didn't try and find out why you killed her, he just let the hatred grow. In his eyes, his rival/best friend just killed the girl he loved. It is a large driving factor for why he hates everyone at this point. He was the one who released the nine tails on the village 14 years ago. He secretly formed the Akatsuki, letting Nagato think he is the actual leader. He was even there during the Uchiha massacre, joining Itachi in killing everyone. He convinced Itachi to join the Akatsuki as well. I'm sorry, but your old friend is very central to a lot of coming problems." I tell him with sadness, watching his face crumble as I speak.