Chapter 26: Returning to Konoha

We all run for two days, shaving off hours of travel time by going at the usual Team Guy high speeds. I notice we are nearing the village, and get a wicked idea.

"Neji." I call out to my twin. "I'm gonna make them cry. See you later." He nods with a sigh as a response, and I use my eyes and lock onto my mark 20 kilometers in the distance at the front gates of the village. I transport myself to it, and walk up slowly to the check in stand.

"Kotetsu, Izumo. Hey, you guys got any tea or snacks?" I ask the guards. They always have something to munch on up here.

"Ami, hey, welcome back. We just brewed some Oolong tea, would you like to join us?" Izumo says, pulling out another cup for me. I smile and thank them, and we chat for a bit about my mission I just came back from. When I spot Sensei and Lee coming up quick, I give them a heads up.

"You're about to watch a grown man cry." I say with a devious smirk as Sensei runs through the gate.

"First place!" Sensei calls out. Lee runs in right after him.

"Second place!" Lee calls out, but Sensei turns to him.

"Wrong!" Sensei screams out, "You see Kakashi here on my back? He technically got second place. As you were behind him, you got third!" Lee starts to sob at that, taking notes.

I whistle out to catch their attention and they both snap their heads towards where I'm sitting on the check in table, a tea cup in my hand. "You're both wrong. I got here first. Already had tea and everything, slowpokes." I say casually to them.

"No!" Sensei and Lee both call out, and Sensei does indeed start to cry. "I lost!? The power of my youth was not enough! As punishment, I will do 100 laps around the village while doing only kicks instead of steps!" Sensei gives himself a punishment, and Lee quickly vows to join him. As they are doing this, Neji and the others arrive as well. He just walks up to me where I sit grinning at the losers.

"Another punishment?" He asks me sighing. I nod my head at him.

"Uh... Guy Sensei?" Sakura calls out, interrupting him as he's about to start his laps. "Maybe we should get Kakashi to the hospital first." She says hesitantly.

Sensei immediately remembers he has an unconscious person on his back, and we proceed to take him to the hospital. We leave Kakashi's team with him as we go and report to Tsunade. After our report, she calls out for me to stay behind.

"How did it go?" She asks seriously after securing the room, making sure no one can hear.

"About the same, honestly. Having Team Guy there ensured the death of Deidara this time, but honestly he didn't amount to much in the show later anyway. He would have just gotten killed by Sasuke later. I also collected these." I say, pulling out the two rings. "I don't remember if they have any actual powers or if they are just symbolic. I can't see any traces of seals or chakra in them at all. I'm just gonna collect them, maybe I'll taunt Pain or someone with them later." I say with a smirk.

"And your other mission?" She asks me with an edge.

"I received Lady Chiyo's reanimation scroll." I say, pulling it out and handing it to her. "The method is interesting. It's crafted to have two methods, one where the sacrifice is willing, and as you can see in her notes, she also crafted a ritual for a forced sacrifice as well. Not that much of a pacifist, was she?" I ask grimly.

"This is insane. This method... Ami, I can't just keep something like this here." Tsunade says while she reads the scroll with her eyes open wide.

"I will keep it secure." I vow to her as I accept the scroll back. "I can add it to the ones from Orochimaru's hideout. Perhaps I can combine the two methods somehow." I store it back up.