Chapter 24: Deidara & Sasori

"Naruto, slow down." Kakashi calls out to the blonde boy as we all run and chase after Deidara. Naruto comes back to us, his anger still right on the surface. I suddenly feel, one after another, my clones becoming forcibly released from where they were fighting against their own mirror.

"My clones just returned, there was a mirror trap of some sort on the seals, and exact clones of my clones appeared and destroyed them. I only gave the clones limited energy, so they weren't a match." I inform them all.

"Where are the mirrors now?" Guy Sensei asks me. I check quickly with my eyes and smirk.

"Gone. They faded after they took down their opponents. Glad we didn't send our whole team to deal with them." I say smugly.

"Good, but we don't have time to slow down like this. We gotta get this guy and get Gaara back." Naruto says urgently.

"And we will, but he's a long range fighter, and you are a close range one. There are only two ways to beat a long range guy like this. We either have to draw him into a short range fight..." He trails off, looking at me.

"Or beat him at a long range fight." I smirk back arrogantly, summoning my bow and seeking a higher vantage point. 

I'm getting a little tired from the clones I made, but I enjoyed the experience they came back with. I perch myself up on a tree top, take aim at Deidara, careful not to hit the bird's head at all, and let an arrow loose, one full of wind chakra. Deidara just barely manages to dodge a vital wound by flying the bird away at the last second, but it still caught his leg. I aim again, this time with one of my new spiral arrow I had the black smith craft for me. I was inspired from the Kidomaru fight years ago. 

I take aim and launch the next arrow, but also launch a second arrow, a green colored one, using a third layer of wind around it to make it silent. I watch as the first arrow blows one of the wings off the bird, just like I planned, while the second one flies silently and pierces Deidara right through his lung.

"A second arrow?!" I hear Deidara call out in shock as he fell from the sky. "I see... It's color blended in with the trees. How was it silent?! Why do anything silent!? Art is an explosion!" He throws several small spider creature clay bombs towards us, but Naruto's clones hit them with a Rasengan while a couple more of his clones catch the falling bird that's holding Gaara.

Kakashi used his Kamui attack with his Sharingan the moment Deidara hit the ground. He severed Deidara's arm, though he was aiming for his whole body. Guy Sensei swoops in on Deidara, and begins to mercilessly attack him with his strong taijutsu attacks, his speed and strength too much for Deidara, who has no arms and a pierced lung. Naruto was actively working to get Gaara out of the clay after he took the bird a safe distance away from the enemy. I catch up to Kakashi before joining Guy.

"Be ready, he'll self-destruct soon. Find his arm he got cut off and collect it." I warn him quietly, then take off to where Guy is. "Sensei!" I call out, taking out my fans and opening them both together. He turns and sees me, and quickly gets out of the way. I use my combined fans and create a large vortex of slicing winds that rip through Deidara's body, destroying and leveling the forest around him in the same motion. I activate my Byakugan, making sure he was hit by the attack. I see he made it out, though not without damage. "Sensei, 15 degree northwest!" I call out to him since I'm still in the air and recovering from using such a large attack. I'll let him finish this off, he's more than strong enough, even after opening the gates earlier.

Sensei runs to that location, and not seeing the enemy, he reacts quickly and punches into the ground, drawing out Deidara. "Bad luck trying to hide against one of the Genius Hyuga Twins. You'll lose every time." Guy Sensei brags proudly. "Now taste the youthful fury of Might Guy!" He starts to pummel Deidara into the ground while I keep my eyes peeled. I start to see after a few minutes that Deidara's chakra is all gathering in the middle of his body as he starts to swell.