Chapter 17: Itachi Uchiha

After the Hokage's funeral, the Jonin and Chuunin ninja were all being sent out a lot more than usual on missions. As a result, we genin all had a lot more free time to spare. Neji chose to use this time to reconnect with Hiashi, and even make amends to Hinata. I joined him for this, and was proud of my brother for his personal growth. Hiashi decided to start personally overseeing our training, to help with learning more advanced techniques. He even found an attack that can be used between the both of us together that is really strong, it's the eight trigrams Air-Wall Palm. Once Neji and I can master it together, we will be able to send a powerful wave of compressed from our palms simultaneously and with great force towards an opponent. The chakra released will target the opponent's vitals while also knocking them off their feet with concussive force. Essentially, it's like a vacuum. It has to be used by two people with equal power and timing, so it's perfect for us twins. There's also a weaker version of it that can be used individually, it's like a small but precise short distance strike.

The scroll that I stole with the incomplete transportation technique was giving me some troubles. The concepts on it were so vague, it left a lot to interpretation. The basic of it though, that separated it from the Body-Flicker technique that most shinobi know, is that the user is entering another dimension momentarily for the ability to travel. It's a time-space technique, whereas the Body Flicker is a super speed technique. I would also have to create my own 'totem' or marker symbol, one that's unique to me, in order to travel to it. Both of these things are going to be incredibly difficult to learn with since they require intense concentration and focus. It seems the main difference between the Second's version and the Fourths is that the Fourth used his kunai marked with his symbol and could transport to his moving target, whereas Lord Second just had markers set on certain people or locations. I can work with that, it's a lot less risky than jumping through to a moving target. My first step though is to create my own mark.

As I was out on a walk contemplating what I could use as a symbol, I ran into Sasuke. It has been a couple of days since the funeral for Lord Third.

"Ami." Sasuke calls out to me, "What are you doing right now?"

"Just out for a walk, you?" I ask him, he seems irritated, again.

"I was supposed to be training with Kakashi, but he didn't meet up with me. He's normally late, but I just saw him this morning." He complains, and I pause for a second.

"Where did you see him?" I ask casually.

"The teahouse." He answers shortly, "He said he had something to do, then he would meet me at the training grounds. That was over two hours ago. I'm going to find him now."

"I'll come with. Maybe my Sensei distracted him, he does that a lot." I say as an incredibly true cover. I think Itachi is in town, which means Sasuke is about to go off in a rage. I'm not going to let him go alone. We walk to what must be Kakashi's home, and sure enough, he's laid out incapacitated with all the other Jonin standing around him. As Sasuke walks in, I see a random ninja run into the room, and try to stop him.

"Don't!-" I get cut off.

"Is it true that Itachi Uchiha was here, and looking for Naruto!?" Idiot shinobi yells loudly, without surveying the room. How is this guy a ninja?

"Idiot." I glare at him as the other ninja do as well. I look to Sasuke, seeing the rage growing. "Sasuke." I say warningly.

He doesn't say anything, and takes off running.

"Ami, follow him, keep him out of trouble." Guy Sensei orders me, and I nod and pursue my friend. I catch up to him quickly, and we run together. He is asking around the village for where Naruto is, and the ramen shop guy gives him all the info he needs, so we set off again in pursuit.