Chapter 36: Danzo

"I can see the summit building now, we will be there in one hour." I inform our traveling group when I can just barely see the towering fortress in the far off distance. 

From here on out, I keep my eyes activated until I catch sight of Danzo fleeing quickly from the fortress. Once I see just that, I look over to Tsunade, giving her the signal that I will be leaving to tail him and she nods, granting me permission to leave. 

I take off in pursuit of Danzo, keeping my distance until I can see Obito appear in front of him. I watch them fight as I keep at a safe distance and observe until Sasuke appears out of Obito's head with Karin. I allow them to have their initial start of the conflict, letting Sasuke say what he needs to say before I join in. When I see the battle really start with Sasuke using his new Susano'o, I summon my bow and take aim from where I am perched in a nearby tree. 

I load up a pure white arrow with my silent wind chakra, and take aim at Danzo's right arm, the one that has the Uchiha's eyes embedded in it. I let the arrow loose, and transport myself to Sasuke's marker, making my dramatic appearance in the battle while Danzo is getting impaled by my arrow.

"Dynamic entry." I say coldly, appearing behind Sasuke and glaring at Danzo, who is holding his bleeding arm. My arrow went straight through his arm, taking out two of the eyes in its path.

"I should have known you would be here." Sasuke says with a hint of sarcasm in his monotonous voice. I coyly smirk at him in response, my attention never leaving the evil man in front of us.

"Ami Hyuga." Danzo growls out to me angrily. "I should have taken you and your brother into the foundation when I had the chance. Such potential wasted."

"I hear about my wasted potential a lot from those I shoot. Seems my potential is doing just fine." I drawl out to him sardonically.

"If it wasn't for Hiashi, my plan to have you both would have worked. I could have taken you alone later, when you were always off away from the compound in the village." Danzo says disgruntledly to me, letting me know he was always having me tailed. "But no, by then you were one of the famous Hyuga Twins, you were untouchable. Such a waste, after all that effort to make you an orphan as well." He grins smugly at me, his eyes full of greed and arrogance.

"What did you just say?!" I growl out dangerously to him, gripping my fans tighter. What does he mean, making me into an orphan?

"Who do you think suggested your father's body be sent in to replace Hiashi's?" Danzo asks cockily. "I couldn't allow the Byakugan to fall into the enemy's hands, I had to act to keep the village safe. I should have been able to collect you twins after as well, but Hiashi argued that you both were under his care then. You became untouchable, the two most advanced Byakugan users the Hyuga's have ever produced." Danzo admits with both pride and bitterness together.

"You had my father killed." I say darkly, and Sasuke has to grab my arm to stop my advancement to Danzo.

"Calm down, Ami. He is trying to make you angry, to make you mess up. You are better than that. We will kill him, together. He will pay for his crimes against our families." Sasuke whispers to me seriously, and I calm down and nod in agreement. This man will die today.

I take out my fans, open them and extend the blades fully, ready to fight at full power. "You're right, he will die today. No longer will he poison our village." I say with a glare at Danzo. "You look a little tired, Sasuke. You gonna make it, brat?" I ask Sasuke with a coy sneer, observing his beat up and tired appearance. 

Sasuke just huffs out and nods his head once to me. I look at Danzo's arm with my Byakugan, seeing the different colors and flows of chakra coming from it. Sasuke already took out three eyes before I entered the fight, I took out two with my first shot. I power up an attack, and send a large frontal wind attack at Danzo, then use my speed to rapidly get behind him in his blind spot when he jumps to avoid it.