Chapter 41: Trapped Souls

Since Naruto was spread out and moving through the ranks much earlier than in the story, we didn't have as much trouble with the imposters. I was able to keep our unit clear, so I could spot when fakes tried to join us if one of Naruto's clones wasn't around. He was doing good, knowing his priority for now was to spot the fakes, not to engage with the reanimations, though I'm sure that he stopped to fight a few of them.

"Second division, it's time to move out!" The intelligence contact informs us. Kitsuchi was a part of the division who went to help the first division yesterday, leaving the rest of us to technically be led by HQ and Neji.

We head out after the command to the next main battle location and battle small groups of Zetsu's on the way. As we are moving our way through the forest, we spot something that makes us halt.

"Spider webs." Hinata says, freeing a fellow shinobi from a large web.

"Hinata, Gentle Fist will break them, help get our comrades free and gather others who can use it and fan out!" Neji orders to her, then turns to me. "Find him, then lets end him again."

"It's them, isn't it?" Kiba asks us as he rides over on Akamaru, Shino by his side.

"Of course it is. HQ said they resurrected those with the most connections to us on purpose. Those four hate us for killing them when we were kids." I say back, activating my eyes and searching out the spider. "There's only two, Sakon and Kidomaru. I can't see the other two at all."

"We can handle Kidomaru. Shino, Kiba, you two take on the other guy." Neji says, then calls out louder the the other shinobi nearby. "No one else interfere! We have already fought them before, we will be the most efficient in battling them."

I summon my bow, "I actually thought I wouldn't get to use this during the war. But it feels only fitting to use it now." I say while taking aim. I send off an explosive arrow as I see Kidomaru taking aim while Sakon leaves his perch. The arrow pierces through Kidomaru's head, blowing it straight off. It's satisfying to see, until the head reforms.

"We will have to fight close up and seal them." Neji says and I nod.

"Good thing close range is our specialty. Shall we trap him in a web again?" I smirk, and we run in at top speed to get to him.

"No need." Neji says as we appear in front of the Sound ninja. "We're significantly stronger than he is, no need to trap him this time." He says smugly. 

We attack him in tandem, both of use using either Gentle Fist 64 Palms or Air Wall Palm techniques. Kidomaru goes down easily, and we walk over to restrain him until a sealing corps member can arrive. Kidomaru looks beaten and worn, his body only slowly coming back together.

"You will know our vengeance. I'll take you both to Hell!" Kidomaru says while grinning crazily at us. Suddenly, Neji and I are trapped in some type of glowing seal, and we can't move at all. Kidomaru starts to laugh maniacally at us.

"What?!" We both call out in confusion. I feel a strange sensation, and then see a bright glowing light take over my whole vision. Then just as suddenly, it all ends and we are in a new location, and Kiba, Akamaru, Shikamaru, and Choji are all there with us.

"Where the heck are we?" I hear Kiba ask, but I can't stand any more after the first split second from when we arrived. 

I fall silently to the ground, feeling like something is horribly wrong. I feel so weak now suddenly wherever we are, while everyone else seems fine. I look around and see we're inside some type of red dome. I slowly look down at body, and can see that it's faded, transparent in places, like holes of it are missing though still connected.