Chapter 45: The End of War

~ Sasuke POV ~

"Sasuke!" I hear Naruto calling out from my left, and I glance at him as I continue running towards Ami.

"What do you want?" I ask him in irritation.

"We have to seal the tree, and release everyone inside of it." He says urgently to me.

"How would I ever be able to help that? Can't you use your sage chakra or something?" I say dismissively, continuing on my journey.

"Kakashi Sensei said it had to be the both of us together. That we had to fist bump." He says, doing a fist bump with his own two hands, looking like an idiot.

"That doesn't even make sense, don't waste my time." I say, again feeling irritation at him for trying to slow me down.

Naruto runs to stop in front of me, making me stop in my pursuit. "No, don't dismiss this. I know you are trying hard to get back to her, but would you rather she see you before or after her friends and allies are freed?" He growls out to me seriously.

"Sasuke, if you do indeed have the power to release these people, than you should at least try. I'll go and check on her now while you do whatever it is you need to." Neji says to me patiently before taking off again. I sigh, giving up.

"Fine, it won't do anything, so just make it fast." I say, reluctantly holding out my hand. He reaches forward and touches his knuckles to mine, then suddenly, we are no longer on the battlefield.

"Who are you?" Naruto asks, and I see an old man floating inside of a room. I turn to face this guy skeptically, curious as well on who this guy is and how we got here.

"My name is Hagoromo Otsutsuki. I am the Sage of Six Paths." He introduces himself, and then starts to tell us the importance of good and evil, power and love, and balances. He and Naruto go back and forth, talking about how Naruto is the Child of Prophecy.

"I was not meant to come here yet, to speak to you so soon, however, another Deity interfered with their own Chosen One. She has altered the course of how this was destined to go, and her actions prevented my mother from being resurrected at all. It is thanks to her that much calamity is avoided, although she had to pay the ultimate price." Hagoromo says solemnly, and I wonder who he is speaking about. This is taking too long, and I want to get back to Ami soon.

"I have to get back out there soon, could you get to the point?" I ask impatiently.

"What other Deity? Who interfered?" Naruto asks at almost the same time.

"I cannot say what this other Deity is, nor will I say who interfered, just that they did so with only the best of intentions, and succeeded in their endeavors." He says to Naruto, then turns to me. "You, who are the reincarnation of Indra, who has known loss, anger and a thirst for power all his life. I made the mistake in the past of only entrusting my power to Ashura, thus causing calamity. This time, I will not make that mistake again. You and Naruto both, together, will receive my power. With it, you can release the Divine Tree and free everyone from its roots before it consumes the whole world. Sasuke, you must release your anger and darkness, and work together with Naruto in order to free the world from the Divine Tree." He says seriously to me. "Put out your dominant arm." He orders, and I do so at the same time as Naruto. He touches both of our palms, and I feel a surge of energy enter my body. I look at my left palm as I pull it back, and see a black crescent moon on it now. This must be the marking of the source of my new power.

He sent us back to the real world again, and Naruto and I stood together, looking at the tree, whose roots I can feel have spread over almost half the world already in the short time it has been around.