Chapter 32: Kakuzu

"Shikamaru, your big brain got a plan yet?" I ask tiredly once we regrouped.

"Yes, and it will work." Shikamaru says confidently. "Gonna need you to hang in there Ami, your speed will be what wins it, you're the only one who's faster than him. Get distance and use an arrow to take out the earth mask monster." He orders me and I nod, beginning to gather chakra while he relays the plan for the others. "Asuma, you back up Ami and work in sync with her. Aoba, you use your paralyzing kunai, get him to freeze in one place, even if just for a moment. Ino, trap his mind and help aid in keeping him still. Raido, you use your katana to go in and take out the Fire mask. Choji, you're the distraction, keep Kakuzu's focus and attacks on you. Kotetsu and Izumo, you join in with Choji but keep your distance. When the two masks are destroyed, Ami and Asuma will go in for the final heart. I'll be back-up to make sure everyone stays out of the line of fire and help further restrain his movements if needed." Shikamaru tells us all quickly. It's a good plan, and should work well.

"You stupid idiots, he'll see right through your stupid fucking plan. You can't kill him!" Hidan yells indignantly at us from where his head is tied on Izumo's belt. "And someone untie my hair, this hurts like a bitch!"

We ignore the talking head and everyone moves out at the same time. I summon my bow and take aim at the earth head. I use one of my spiral arrows and channel as much chakra as I can into the shot so it can fly at the strongest and fastest speed I can muster with how tired and in pain I am. I wait for the opportune moment, and fire it off right when Aoba secures most of Kakuzu's body with his paralysis. 

I watch as the arrow flies through the air, and see that Kakuzu just barely manages to move the inky monster enough to have the arrow only crack the mask but not shatter it completely. It's wounded, but not dead. 

Raido on the other hand was successful in killing the fire mask, but now he's being attacked by Kakuzu and getting over powered quickly. Kakuzu is using the black tendrils to stab into Raido and trap him. Asuma and I move in while Shikamaru helps get Raido out of the dangerous area. Asuma cuts the tendrils holding Raido so Shika can pull him out. Everyone else retreats back, giving the two wind users room for our attack. I can see Ino going to heal Raido now behind us.

"Together!" Asuma calls out to me, and we both strike Kakuzu's main body with as strong a wind attack as we can. Kakuzu couldn't fully harden his skin in time to block my attack, as I got there a split second before Asuma did. My attack landed while Asuma's didn't, though mine was not strong enough to kill Kakuzu by itself. I took aim with my fans, ready to obliterate the enemy as Asuma charged up his blades, ready for another attack.

"You two are a pain in my side. I don't accept defeat easily. However, If I'm going down, you're both coming with me!" Kakuzu yells out in rage as both Asuma and I prepare for the next attack. 

The earth monster suddenly causes an avalanche to fall on all three of us, and I use my fan to send off a micro blade attack targeted at the remainder of the monster's mask at the same time. The mask crumbles, but Asuma and I are both in immediate danger of the massive amount of rubble falling on us. Kakuzu wraps his arm tendrils around Asuma's arm when he tries to run to escape, trapping Asuma in place to die with him. 

I have only a split second to react, so I instantly transport to the marker on Asuma's back right as a boulder lands on his trapped arm, crushing it. We both are getting barraged painfully by the rubble and are about to be buried alive, and I use the last spurt of chakra I have. I transport both of us away before any more boulders can hit us, sending us back to my marker on Shikamaru.

"Ahhh!" Asuma scream out in pain and agony, and I frantically look at him, thinking that I was too late to save his life. I can see with my Byakugan, his entire arm has been crushed completely, his bones are also destroyed.