Chapter 40: Fourth Shinobi War

Our journey takes two days to get to where the other nations are assembled at. I had a chance to visit with all my friends again before we got there and everyone had to divide into their divisions. Neji, Hinata and I were a part of the Second Division. Our division was comprised of short range fighters, and lead by Kitsuchi of the Stone village. The rest of my friends were spread out into the different divisions, along with other key members of the other villages.

The first division, the mid-range division, has Shikamaru, Choji, Ino, Tenten, Lord Hiashi, and Chouza, Choji's dad. That division was led by Darui, who is the Raikage's right hand man, with Shikamaru as his second, and is also almost twice the size of the other divisions, being divided into two parts. The third division is the short to mid-range group, and in it is Sakura, Guy Sensei and Lee, and it is led by Kakashi. The fourth division is the long range division lead by Gaara, and has Temari in it. The fifth division is the specialty division, lead my Mifune, and in it is Shino, Shirotsu, and Kiba. Sai and Kankuro are a part of the commando unit who will go in first, their directive being to get to Kabuto first. Shikaku will remain with Tsunade and the other Kage's in headquarters in the Cloud Village.

"You again!" I hear Karui the Cloud village girl, say suddenly, pointing angrily at me as Neji and I go to take our places in the second division before Gaara gives his speech.

"Me again." I reply blandly.

"You know each other?" Neji asks me curiously, though I can see his guard is up.

"She's a Cloud ninja, she came to our village looking to kill Sasuke. Then she tried to beat up Naruto." I say monotonously.

"And you let her live?" Neji asks with a hint of arrogance.

"Let me live?!" Karui yells out. "I'll kill Sasuke, and then I'll kill you!"

"You would kill an innocent ally before a war? Oh right, you're from the Cloud, of course you would." Neji says coldly to her, both him and I looking down at her. I don't much like someone threatening my friends, and neither does Neji.

"She doesn't even remember that Sasuke didn't even kill Killer Bee. Just ignore her, she's ignorant." I tell him with a shrug, turning my back on her.

"Don't ignore me!" She calls out, and before Neji can catch her fist that's flying towards me, Gaara's sand catches it first. "What is this?!" She yells in shock at the sand pushing her back.

Gaara then gives his speech about being allies and making friends. He talks about how Naruto saved him and became his friend. Everyone in the crowd calms down, then starts to cheer for him. I smile up at my Sand village friend, who probably just spoke the most in one moment than he does in a month. Gaara's fired up, and it's spreading to everyone.

"Ready to try again?" I ask Karui with a smirk after the speech is over, but not a mean smirk this time.

"I guess it's better to have the White Reaper as an ally than an enemy." She grumbles out reluctantly.

"My name is Ami Hyuga, by the way. I'm more than just the White Reaper." I say confidently.

"Karui." She reluctantly replies, stubbornly turning away from us. I smirk up at Neji, who returns it.

"Always making friends." Neji says sarcastically.

"Part of my charm, Nii-san." I reply with a grin.

"Wait, I've heard of you two." A woman next to us turns and looks at us. "You're the Hyuga Twins!"

"Yeah, we are. Who are you?" I ask her, recognizing her from the show but not her name.

"Kurotsuchi. I'm the Tsuchikage's granddaughter, and the daughter of our captain, Kitsuchi." She says with a smug smile.