Chapter 28: Sasuke Reformed

Team Guy is all going a little slower than normal, trying to recoup our strength. Sakura is alternating who she is running with so she can use her medical ninjutsu on us as we run. She manages to close our wounds up and at least lessen the immediate pain. None of us were greatly wounded at all, just cuts and bruises, so it doesn't take her much effort or chakra to do it. We run for hours, following the trail of Yamato's clone, until we finally meet up with it.

"The hideout is just through there, I saw Orochimaru, Kabuto, and Sai enter in about half an hour ago." His clone tells us. Yamato disperses his clone and we start to work out a plan.

"Sasuke must be in there, we gotta go in. And we have to get Sai out of there, I don't know what's going on with that guy." Naruto says in irritation. He's still drained from having his chakra sealed up, but at least he and Sakura are uninjured this time and he didn't go on a rampage.

"For now, we'll focus on getting Sai out. We don't know what his orders are, but he is at least a known factor." Yamato says to Naruto firmly, who just growls before relenting.

"Team Guy will keep up a perimeter so that Orochimaru can't escape again." Sensei says to the other team.

"He's wounded greatly, I can say that. When my clone followed him, he was struggling. Whatever you guys did earlier was working." Yamato tells us proudly with a smile. We nod grimly, not seeing the success when he still got away.

We moved out, Team Guy fanning out in different directions to cover the four possible exit areas. Neji and I went to opposite corners, therefore covering the most range with our eyes. 

I, however, have a different plan. 

I know for a fact because of the show that Sasuke is in there, and I intend to see him, uninterrupted, before the others find him. As I'm running over the huge catacombs of tunnels underground, I keep a watchful eye on him once I spot him. At first he's with Orochimaru, but then he branches out and goes into a private room by himself. I make a marking on a tree before I transport myself directly next to my old friend.

"Long time no see." I say warmly, scaring him slightly as I appear out of thin air next to him. 

I take in his appearance, it's just like the show. He's grown up, and become very handsome. He's taller than me now, and his Sharingan eyes have the three tomoes in them now. He's crouched slightly in an attack position as he spun away from me when I entered, but he straightens slightly when he finally realizes who I am.

"Ami?" He asks in disbelief, "Is that really you?"

"The one and only." I say with a smirk.

I can see him debate for a second, before he says, "Hn."

I throw a knife instantly at him, aiming straight for his heart. "Brat." I glare at him for a moment as he caught the blade at the last second before we both smirk at each other. He knows it's really me now.

"What are you doing here?" He asks in his new, deep voice he has developed over our years apart.

"Oh, ya know, was in the area, thought I'd stop by." I joke to him before turning serious. "We had intel on Orochimaru's location, so a few people are here to check it out. Naruto and Sakura are here, along with my team. They... don't know I'm here with you though." I admit to him and his eyes fractionally narrow in confusion. "They're searching for you now, but you still have my mark on you. I needed to talk to you first. Sasuke, I have to ask you, privately right now, why do you train? Who is your enemy?" I stare straight into his eyes as I ask him this.

"I didn't want to believe you at first that day almost three years ago." He starts, glancing down to the side before bringing his eyes back to mine, his Sharingan no longer activated. "But I found evidence here of Orochimaru working with Danzo for the siege, and of Danzo... stealing the Uchiha's eyes. Orochimaru helped him rob my clans graves and steal their eyes, just to implant them in an arm for his own selfish use. My enemy... is Danzo." He says with a dark conviction.