Chapter 43: Sacrifice

~ Sasuke POV after releasing Reanimation Jutsu ~

"Sasuke, before I go, there is something more I must say to you. I must tell you the truth." Itachi says me after we released the reanimation jutsu. His glowing body is disintegrating and he is struggling to walk towards me.

"Master Sasuke, use it now!" Haitaka suddenly appears next to me, and I snap into action. I pull out the black scroll that Ami gave me months ago and open it. Her direction said all I had to do was touch the seal and say his name, and it would activate.

"Itachi..." I look at my brother, "You have been offered a second chance. Forgive me, but this is not a choice you get to make. I will have my brother back." I say, and throw my hand down onto the seal. "Itachi Uchiha!"

The seal activates and glows a bright blue, then the seal spreads over the entire room. Itachi's body is trapped from moving. Out of the seal, a rogue ninja appears, held in stasis, not dead but also no longer alive. My eyes widen slightly, I didn't know there was someone sealed in the scroll, but I have feeling Ami didn't tell me for a reason.

"Sasuke, what have you done?" Itachi asks me in shock.

"I have an ally who helped me see there was a path other than blind vengeance. She helped me find a better purpose. She has looked out for me ever since you left, and has been my light. She prepared this, for you." I tell him sincerely, watching as the life force of the rogue is transferred into the disintegrating body of my brother, making his body become real and whole once again. I watched as the darkness around his reanimated eyes fades, and I can see the moment that he comes back fully to life.

"How is this possible?" Itachi asks me, looking down at his completely alive body as the ritual finishes, the rogue falling dead to the ground.

"I do not fully know, I have just learned not to question Ami, her knowledge is abnormal." I tell him with a chuckle, walking over and putting a hand on his shoulder, feeling how real he is again.

"Ami? The Hyuga girl from that time..." He breathes out. "Her mind, I saw inside of it once. It was unlike any other I have been inside. She did this?"

"Yes. But now, there is something we must do in order to aid her this war. I need my comrades, and I need that woman." I say, pointing towards Anko. Thankfully, not even a minute later, Jugo and Suigetsu arrive. I release the seal on Anko with Jugo's help, and bring the piece of Orochimaru out of her that lives within the curse.

"You don't need to explain." Orochimaru says as he appears. "I have been watching." 

He goes on to threaten to kill me again. Itachi watches him closely until Orochimaru relents and says he won't. I hand him the scroll that will summon the former Hokage, the ones sealed within the reaper spirit. I hand it to him, and command him to bring them forth.

He uses a special transportation jutsu and takes us to the outskirts of Konoha, in the old ruins of the Uzumaki temple. We go inside, treading carefully on where we step, and collect a mask from the wall. We then go inside of Konoha, to the Uchiha compound, and head to a secret underground room I didn't even know about, but Itachi says he did. 

Orochimaru starts to summon the Death God. He gets his arms back, and revives the four former Hokage. Jugo released his sage jutsu on me, and several Zetsu came out of me that I didn't know were there. Orochimaru uses four of them to act as the host bodies for the reanimated Kage's.

The four reanimated Hokage stand around talking for a moment, before I grow tired of their blabbering.

"Enough of this." I say, ending their discussion. "I don't care about what you have to say. There is a war going on, and I have already been shown the meaning of being a shinobi by someone who is out there fighting in that war. I brought you here because she needed you out there, so we need to head out at once. No more delays." I order.