[𝐖𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐮 𝐃𝐨𝐥𝐥] - 003

Not Proof Read.

Location: Watson, Kabuki

Location: Watson, Kabuki. Yaiba building, thirteenth floor.

Night city is harsh. It's cruel. It's a place where no one is special, the only choice you have is whether you want to accept that fact or not.

Whether you decide to live fast and exciting or die a slow painful death stretched out in this game of life. And someone will profit from whichever route you take.

They let others catch a glimpse of a dream. They let these punks make names for themselves and how they die so that every generation will have new dreamers.

New people they can use for their tests and their games and their profit. It's all a careful calculation designed for a status quo that destroys any value in regular life.

The world created by those in the upper echelons of power is a guarantee of death without even the promise of a good looking corpse.

But even with the iron grip they hold over everything and everyone. There's one world which isn't so easy to much about in. The world of the individual.

Rain poured, it was one hour after midnight and the night sky was picturesque. lighting interacted with the pink actinic glow of the advertisements trying to sell you something.

Feeling her gaze aimed at me. "What?" I mumbled glancing at the blonde net runner. "Hm?" She hummed confused.

"You've got that look you usually have when you wanna ask me something, so ask away." Sliding down the couch slightly I leaned my palm against my cheek.

Tossing my coat aside, Kiwi lit a cigarette and stuffed it into the hole in her cybernetic jaw, she crossed her arms while gazing out at the rain wet streets and beyond.

"How was your trip? To Atlanta I mean." A plume of smoke exited through the holes in her cybernetic jaw. "I didn't just go to Atlanta, I went to Brooklyn too. It was fine though, wasn't any better than here if I'm being honest. Met a new choom though."

"Oh? What's their name?" Kiwi said curiosity and intrigue laced in her tone. "A net runner she called herself So Mi or Songbird."

Kiwi hummed. "You just can't stay away from netrunners hm?" A subtle chuckle escaped her. "Not like I'm going around looking for em you know? They just kinda appear, sorta like NCPD."

"I'm sure they do." Kiwi exclaimed while she flicked the ash from her cigarett. "I know that's not all. So ask away, I'll talk back."

"I've found myself interested so I wanna know more. I remember you saying something about a heated gang war between sixth street and the Valentinos."