[𝐌𝐚𝐣𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬] - 016

Not Proof read.

Location: Watson, Yaiba building 13th floor

That time has finally come.

People on the street are starting to put a name to your face.

Now you're becoming a meaningful thread in the city's fabric.

Just don't expect to be signing any autographs yet.

This is only the beginning.

One may think you're wasting your time trying to find a solution to an impossible problem.

The main thing to remember is not to panic and to stay the course.

You've still got plenty choo in the tank to pursue all your leads on how to remove the biochip.

I couldn't fall asleep - hours ago I felt like all the energy had been drained from my system.

In my peripheral vision a name popped up. Rogue.

I'd hope she has my info about Hellman, no other reason she'd ever message me.

The alluring aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the room.

Mama Welles name popped up in my peripheral vision as I dialed her up.

"N/N? It's good to hear you, finally. Been a long time since we talked, since Jackie passed away." It has hasn't it? I guess I've been avoiding the matter.

"Was callin to offer my condolences."

"Hm, 'offer your condolences.' Jesucristo, you lived under our roof! You're family! Have the decency not to treat me like some stranger you just met!" A small sigh escaped her lips before she continued. "I called because I prepared an ofrenda for Jaquito, we can't let him go without a proper goodbye. The ceremony will be at their Coyote Cojo. Many of his friends will be there."

"Say no more, I'll be there." I side eyed the blonde netrunner, her expression of delight was barely noticeable with her cybernetic jaw and all..

"Hm, I did not doubt it for a second. See you soon N/N." I cut the call - Kiwi sat across from me, leaning on her palm as she stuck the straw from her cup into her mask. "I'm heading to the Kabuki slums." I mumbled rubbing a hand over the back of my neck.

Kiwi hummed. "What for? Other than the obvious?"

"Someone put a hit out on him, I was planning on flatlining him but now? I'll at least get paid for it." I shrugged, Countless dreamers head to big cities in search of a fresh start.